Subject: Meaning of number on board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly an obvious answer to this, but what is the significance of the number in the fourth corner of the board, outside of the hex grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gavin birnbaum
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Al,

I've made 75 copies of this game in total.

The first 15 copies were early copies made between 2013 - 2015. I named each copy after a different make of tank. The copies came with a certificate showing information about the tank and the 4th corner on the board was left blank.

The following 30 copies were made in 2015 for the Kickstarter and they are numbered KS1 - KS30 on the 4th corner of the board.

The latest 30 copies were made this year and are numbered 31 - 60.

It would be nice to get to copy 100, I reckon I've got another 15 years in me to do it :-)

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks Gavin.

I shall treasure my '33'. cool

This has been a big hit in our house since picking it up from you at the UKGE. Remarkably, JamSumo's been neglected recently... but Snapps is still permanently out for a quick game or three. Keep up the good work. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gavin birnbaum
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great stuff.
I look forward to seeing you at UKGE 17.
Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I have no. 39 which I got of eBay (I couldn't make it to the expo this year).

I've only got to play one game, but also really enjoyed it and we've both said we 're eager to play again. I actually spent a good minute trying to figure out how I knew my copy was number 39, other than the number written in pencil on the box as there was no certificate in the box or anything. Obviously (and to the delight of my gaming buddy) my thumb was covering the large number on the board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Blazquez Garcia
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to see which number I'll get!! Reserved to pick it up at Essen!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.