Subject: Navigation check - seachlight hazard when in a wave rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello All,
Another question from me...

If an aircraft is subject to a searchlight hazard and navigation check when in a wave, and it fails, does it come out of the wave and fly independently, or does it go sraight to the missing box?

Thanks.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
The Searchlight imposes an immediate Navigation Check [Nav Check is covered by rule 7.4.1, or F4 on the player aid]. If the Lancaster that triggered the Hazard is in a wave, the "effect of the result" is found on the Wave row of the chart. Thus, if the Wave fails the Nav Check, the result is for the Lanc to leave the Flight and fly independently. That the Wave leader makes the check on behalf of the wave is clarified on p.29 of the Rule Book [7.7.3n, first paragraph], and is standard operating procedure for Navigation Checks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello Jerry,
Many thanks for your responses - very supportive.

Sorry to labour this but I'm still confused.

When the navigation check is triggered by a search light hazard in your response you state that the wave leader makes the check as per a regular nav check. In that case are not the results of failure as per F4 - i.e., if wave in good order then compromised, if wave compromised then aircraft leaves? Or perhaps that is what you meant?

Apologies again but your game has captivated me and I want to get this right!

Regards,

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Ack. Yes. Ignore what I said. You are correct, as per the rules and the player aid.

Chalk it up to jetlag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Jerry,
I have the same problem but in my case it's usually called 'a senior moment...'.

Best regards,

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.