United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/16/caitlyn-jenners-i-am-cai...

Despite all the press pumping, the verdict is no one wants to tune into some damaged dude pretending he is a chick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reality shows are by and large about relationships and tend to have female audiences. Caityn was a fail before the first episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Maybe you can fill the slot with a reality show on persecuted bakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:

The heart rending drama about when they are finally court ordered and bake the cake only to pee in the batter will be ratings gold.

Edit: Since 'giving in' would lead to eternal damnation I felt the need to edit the contents of the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
myopia wrote:

The heart rending drama about when they finally give-in and bake the cake only to pee in the batter will be ratings gold.
There is no P in wedding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad this topic is so compelling for tstone that he can keep us all informed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I'm so glad this topic is so compelling for tstone that he can keep us all informed.
Well, it was educational in some way, I didn't even know Jenner had a reality show to begin with. Somehow I don't feel more informed for it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I don't get is why Jenner warrants mocking and derision for her struggle? Why can't people just go with the obvious majority and ignore her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
rcbevco wrote:
myopia wrote:

The heart rending drama about when they are finally court ordered and bake the cake only to pee in the batter will be ratings gold.

Edit: Since 'giving in' would lead to eternal damnation I felt the need to edit the contents of the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
LOL, I only ever hear Of Ms Caitlyn on RSP, hell I was not even aware she had a TV show apart form RSP threads.

Maybe that is the whole point, no one gives a shit apart from Conservatives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
What I don't get is why Jenner warrants mocking and derision for her struggle? Why can't people just go with the obvious majority and ignore her?
TOILETS, CAKES, MARRIAGE, WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

But to be frank, I think the real threat is the idea that without the ability to know you might Accidentally shag a transvestite and thus "BE QUEERED UP! or something.

DAMN it they need a sign or something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
myopia wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite Losing Her Show, Caitlyn Jenner Can Always Console Herself With This Thought: "At least, I'm a Ted Cruz Republican!"

tstone wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/16/caitlyn-jenners-i-am-cai...

Despite all the press pumping, the verdict is no one wants to tune into some damaged dude pretending he is a chick.

Only, that's NOT what the E! entertainment news story reported. Notably, the sentence that I bolded in red below and the "(sic)" inserts are the personal, biased editorial comments of writer Bre Payton, NOT that of the E! Entertainment Network.

> Excerpt from the August 16, 2016 Federalist news story by Bre Payton entitled:

Caitlyn Jenner’s "I Am Cait" Show Now Identifies As Cancelled

E! is reportedly snipping Caitlyn Jenner's reality show "I Am Cait" from its television lineup.

According to a statement from network executives, the decision to cancel the reality show about Jenner’s life as a man who identifies as a woman was mutual.

“Caitlyn and E! have mutually decided not to move forward with another season at this time,” the statement reads. “She [sic] will always remain a part of the E! family, and we look forward to continue following her [sic] journey as she [sic] appears on ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians.’”

The decision may have had something to do with the show’s poor ratings, which had been dismal from the start. Despite an avalanche of positive media coverage surrounding the show’s debut, the viewers just weren’t all that interested in watching a show about a man pretending to be a woman.

Jenner also created a bit of controversy earlier this year when he came out of the closet as a supporter of former presidential contender Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.). Several of Jenner’s reality show co-stars reportedly wanted to quit the show over the former Olympian’s Cruz endorsement. Trans advocates also skewered the gold medal-winning decathlete for supporting the Texas Republican.

Despite all the positive publicity that she'd earned before her show premiered, the verdict is that Caitlyn Jenner turned off a significant portion of her viewing audience with her credibility-defying and gallingly off-putting admission that she not only is a Republican but also was endorsing the insanely odious anti-LGBT likes of Ted Cruz for President. And if that wasn't enough to offend many, if not most, viewers' sense and sensibilities, Jenner really torpedoed her own ship with her later declaration that Trump "would be better for women's issues than Hillary Clinton."

Moreover, Trump himself left Caitlyn Jenner with egg on her face when a few months ago when he had at first stated that Jenner should be able to use the women's public restroom anywhere and that she was also welcome to do so in any of his own Trump properties -- only to reverse himself the next week and say that the matter was a States' Rights issue. That essentially means that if Jenner wanted to use the women's public restroom in a Trump property located in a state where one had to use the restroom of the original sex listed on his/her birth certificate, then Caitlyn would not be welcome to go to the women's restroom of that Trump property there.

On the other hand, Caitlyn will fare better on "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" because she will provide the ultimate drama in getting her comeuppance against former wife Kris Kardashian, the latter of whom had always been emasculating Bruce Jenner anyway and is forever competing with her own daughters for the limelight. If Caitlyn can out-Kardashian Kris by winning more fashion kudos and stealing away the limelight from the elder Kardashian, then eventually, we can expect at some point down the line for Caitlyan and Kris to have a royal knock-down, drag-down catfight a la TV's "Dynasty".

Afterwards, they'll reconcile and join together to host a new Fox News morning show a la NBC's "Later Today" show with Hoda Kotbe and Kathy Lee Gifford and all will be forgiven. Who knows, maybe even Donald Trump and/or Ted Cruz will appear on their show by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

she2 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
myopia wrote:

The heart-rending drama about when they are finally court ordered and bake the cake only to pee in the batter will be ratings gold.

Walker Wildmon is the son of Donald Wildmon, the head of the American Family Association, one of the more outspoken Dominionist organizations in the USA.

Walker Wildmon appears at the 2-minute, 50-seconds mark in the video below taken from a July 2014 simulcast broadcast of the organization's radio show.

Try not to act so surprised to learn that Dominionists also support the use of border walls and fences to stem the flow of illegal immigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
LOL, I only ever hear Of Ms Caitlyn on RSP, hell I was not even aware she had a TV show apart form RSP threads.

Well, that's just it: Caitlyn Jenner's conservative viewers just weren't enough in any significant numbers to raise her show's ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Well, that's just it: Caitlyn Jenner's conservative viewers just weren't enough in any significant numbers to raise her show's ratings.

Sadly I think you may be right, the only people who watched her show did so to shout "ARGHHHH YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN!!!" at then screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Sadly I think you may be right, the only people who watched her show did so to shout "ARGHHHH YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN!!!" at then screen.

*while furiously masturbating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Actually, I was talking about those ultra-conservatives who watched her show just to be able to shout at their TV screens, "You go, Girl! Be a good Republican and tell 'em all why you support Ted Cruz for President!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Actually, I was talking about those ultra-conservatives who watched her show just to be able to shout at their TV screens, "You go, Girl! Be a good Republican and tell 'em all why you support Ted Cruz for President!"

None then, do you really believe that any of them thought that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

No, I believe that they shouted that aloud to their TV screens.

Of course, since Caitlyn didn't talk politics in every episode, they would only have shouted that only during episodes when Jenner's being a Republican and her endorsement of Ted Cruz came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:

No, I believe that they shouted that aloud to their TV screens.

Of course, since Caitlyn didn't talk politics in every episode, they would only have shouted that only during episodes when Jenner's being a Republican and her endorsement of Ted Cruz came up.

And my point was why they watched the show, what is yous about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Clearly those who made this show and engaged in the huge, misguided normalization push weren't content to just ignore anything.

But considering the fate of the show, I guess folks might have been listening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly tstone is in denial about his feelings towards Jenner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

I'm still employed, you ineffective jackass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I'm still employed, you ineffective jackass.
So is Obama!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.