Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Acenowr
United States
New York
flag msg tools
During the hunt phase, if I acquire a severe wound because the text says to roll on the severe wound table, do I also acquire light and heavy wounds on the character sheet if they were not already filled?

In this example I was forced to roll on the severe leg injury table during the hunt. I had no previous afflictions to the survivors leg. I'm assuming a severe injury would also count toward the light and heavy categories.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Which event was?
However, no. There are two things to consider here:
- You take damage (so, lower armor and fill L/H injury boxes) only when it's stated to take damage. Roll on severe injury table is not "take X damage", so, I would state that no, you don't need to fill these boxes.
- Always remember that hunt damage cannot make you roll for a severe injury by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Acenowr
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I don't have the book with me, but the event was something like fighting antelope. I believe event #70 or 74. I rolled a 1 causing the survivor to suffer the torn muscle severe injury.

It seems logical that if a survivor had suffered that injury they would have heavy damage on that location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, while damage is the most common way of taking an injury, it's not like if you get Blinded on the showdown (there are a few events that'd cause this), you also take all your head damage.

Re "hunt damage", it's the "event" keyword that prevents rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Acenowr
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thats a great way of describing it. Thanks for the clarification from both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Sequoia25 wrote:
It seems logical that

That the start of a phrase that makes a lot of people misinterpret the rules of this game.

Never assume. Just do what it tells you to do.
So to confirm what other people said, you don't fill the light and heavy injury boxes.

As a side note, as already said, most of the time hunt event do NOT cause severe injury. If the light and heavy boxes are filled and you take another damage to that same spot, you don't roll on the severe injury table.

They cause severe injury only if told so (same for brain injury). I don't have the rulebook with me but it"s written somewhere in it (maybe in the hunt section or in the glossary I don't know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Re "hunt damage", it's the "event" keyword that prevents rolls.

Uh yeah, I meant that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.