Risk Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Gameplay time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Arnoldi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
One of the things I was trying to figure out when I was deciding to buy this was the average game length. The main page here lists it as 45 minutes to 3 hours which is a large variance so I am curious what folks have been experiencing.

I have played two games with standard crown-buying rules. The first one took 70 minutes. The second took 120 minutes. For folks who have played this more, what is your average?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
~90 mins for me after four games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rosenberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morocco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
60-90 minutes.

Really depends on the group. If you have some experienced players who can make decisions, not spend time looking up rules then you could finish in little over 60 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played our initial game with three players including explanation of the rules and completed in less than 2 hours. Once we realized we could buy crown cards it sped up the game and made it more frantic. Perhaps this wasn't a normal three player game since the mercenaries started in London and Constantinople. They had amassed a huge army in Constantinople that never moved. Bidding on the merc army is a HUGE part of the three player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Skyrunner
msg tools
Have you since played anymore games? I'm Wondering if the time variance is between crown card vs missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.