Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted North Star Games last night by phone and email. Has this happened to anyone else? How was it resolved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
I contacted North Star Games last night by phone and email. Has this happened to anyone else? How was it resolved?

It happens with all publishers.

The typical method of resolving this is through communicating with the publisher.

If you can't get a response through the normal channels then you can always look up who the designer of the game was and contact them if they're on BGG or figure out who the owner of North Star is and contact them if they're on BGG.

We have a pretty unique community in that regard as many of the owners and designers are available for contact on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, North Star's customer service is second to none, they will sort you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Niekamp
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interociter wrote:
Don't worry, North Star's customer service is second to none, they will sort you out.

Just watch out for the live bobcats in any replacements they ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
North Star Games
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still catching up on customer service emails because of GenCon, so I'm glad you wrote here. I can definitely fix this for you.

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NorthStar wrote:
Andrew,

I'm terribly behind on our customer service emails, so I'm glad you wrote here. I can definitely fix this for you.

Jonathan

Thank you. Other than the 17 Carnivore cards I'll have to get back to you about exactly which other traits I'm missing, if that's important, I don't know how your cards are packaged.

What is is the best way to give you my address?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
North Star Games
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've replied via email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a new copy from my FLGS and there are cards that are half from the base set and half that are from what I think is the flight expansion. I sent an e-mail but it is sunday at 12:30 am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I just got a new copy from my FLGS and there are cards that are half from the base set and half that are from what I think is the flight expansion. I sent an e-mail but it is sunday at 12:30 am.

Is the layout of the cards the same as the base Evolution game, or do they look like this:

For comparison, this is the layout for the base Evolution, Flight, and Climate:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The layout is like the second picture. When I wrote the post 2 nights ago the game was getting set up. When we started playing we noticed that half of the cards were missing, I haven't made a list yet but I believe the whole second half of the reference sheet cards are missing. We did get additional cards that reference flight and have some flight only cards and events but since it isn't the flight expansion there are no flight boards. I think it was a production line issue. I understand that mistakes happen and hopefully it will be resolved soon as we really want to play the game. Had a blast playing it for the first time at GenCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let BGG know yesterday I received from Johnathan the cards I was missing. I have everything I need.

It's all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pullen

Amarillo
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an issue with Evolution: Flight. The Flight characteristic cards were misprinted. North Star Games took care of it immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 7 of these traits that are in the player aid
Ambush
Burrowing
Climbing
Cooperation
Defensive hearding
Fat tissue
fertile

I have 7 of these traits that are not in the player aid
camouflage
Brood Parasite
Good Eyesight
Nesting
I have 7 of these events that are not in the player aid
Dive-Bomb
seed dispersal

I also have 23 carnivore cards.

It looks like I am missing, Hard shell, Horns, Intelligence, Long Neck, Pack Hunting, Scavanger, Symbiosis, and Warning call
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those are Flight traits, and you're missing the 2nd half of the base game's traits. Also, some of the Carnivore cards came with the Flight deck, and should be pulled out. The art is zoomed differently on those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I have 7 of these traits that are in the player aid
Ambush
Burrowing
Climbing
Cooperation
Defensive hearding
Fat tissue
fertile

I have 7 of these traits that are not in the player aid
camouflage
Brood Parasite
Good Eyesight
Nesting
I have 7 of these events that are not in the player aid
Dive-Bomb
seed dispersal

I also have 23 carnivore cards.

It looks like I am missing, Hard shell, Horns, Intelligence, Long Neck, Pack Hunting, Scavanger, Symbiosis, and Warning call

Weird. That's the first time cards from an expansion got mixed into the base game. We must have been doing reprints at the same time. I'm sorry this happened to you. Jonathan will take care of you as soon as possible. You can reach him by going to our website and clicking in the "contact us" tab. Or maybe through geek mail...

North Star Games
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
North Star Games
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nat, this is honestly the weirdest packing error I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for talking to me today! I'll be sending the info when I get home. I'm a patient person and respect the fast response and friendly service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.