Subject: Token upgrade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching playthru videos and it looks like that the cardboard tokens could be substituted easily for wooden tokens that meeples source has. I know they have yellow thunderbolts , wooden coins , and Red heart tokens. Could someone, please, tell me how many of each of the cardboard tokens are in the game and if I'm missing any type of token ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't actually count them, but according to the rule book there are 35 attack tokens(lightning), 25 Influence Tokens(Coins) and 4 heart tokens. There are two additional tokens in the Game 3 box, which are for when you cast petrificus totalus on the villains. There may be additional tokens in the other games, but I haven't gotten that far yet. The only other type of token is the Villain Control Tokens, but they are awesome and made of metal. So don't need to replace those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Elliott! Meeplesource is out off the lightning bolts at the moment. So I guess I'll Be waiting on the upgrade after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a need for tokens or could you just count it up like in legendary, dc Deckbuilder, ascension, and star realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, John. I NEED cute wooden tokens to go with the cool metal coins. NEED THEM, I say.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Is there a need for tokens or could you just count it up like in legendary, dc Deckbuilder, ascension, and star realms.

I would say yes they are useful. The attack tokens build up on each villain until there are enough to defeat it. Some cards cause these to be removed, so it's useful to have tokens to keep track of the total attack between turns. As for the money, you can acquire money from other people when it isn't your turn, so it's useful to have the tokens for that reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eprasuhn wrote:
I didn't actually count them, but according to the rule book there are 35 attack tokens(lightning), 25 Influence Tokens(Coins) and 4 heart tokens. There are two additional tokens in the Game 3 box, which are for when you cast petrificus totalus on the villains. There may be additional tokens in the other games, but I haven't gotten that far yet. The only other type of token is the Villain Control Tokens, but they are awesome and made of metal. So don't need to replace those.

Instead of wooden coins you could go buy gringotts metal coins or the plastic coins that come in gringotts checkers game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Aceves
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
just ordered the Gringott's checkers game for the coins! right now Barnes and Nobles are selling it online with free shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the Gringotts coins. Very cool. Will you post an update here for us after you get them? Tell us what you think about them! (size, feel, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of all the games to pimp out, I was personally pretty happy with the tokens as they came in the box.

And yes, the tokens are very much needed. You can gain zots and seals when it isn't your turn, so you need to be able to keep track of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the game for the first time Christmas day with my daughter. Although the cardboard components are pretty sturdy, they are nowhere near as nice as the metal skull tokens. Planning to make some upgrades at my Etsy site soon (after I crawl out of the pile of my Christmas-related organizer orders). If you're interested, you can keep an eye on my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TableTopEnvy

Thanks! Looking forward to exploring this game as we get further into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.