Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know which are which? I think the one piece ones are Federation. The others can be identified for discussion here as Post (post on top piece, hole on bottom) and Hole (hole in top; post on bottom). For example, I'm currently letting GF9 know that of the three sets I bought, one Hole top piece is missing.

Any thoughts on painting? I usually just do a simple job. So I may just paint the Federation ones white, perhaps with a blue base and leave it at that. The others, once I properly identify them, may just get bases in their trim color (green or red), and simple coats of whatever they are in the TV show/films. Any suggestions from those up on their Star Base images?

Come to think of it, perhaps I'll add yellow culture dots from 1-3 to identify how much ascendany they require, (as are on the cardboard ones) and for individual identity:

("Lieutenant Uhura, open a channel to Starbase One").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blount
United States
Atascadero
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one piece is defiantly for the Federation, one of the other two does have the Klingon Empire symbol on it which means the last one belongs to the Romulans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The one piece starbase is the Federation. One of the other two has the Klingon trefoil symbol on its side. If I paint them I plan on painting the base the faction color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the resin pieces but maybe this gallery image helps:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dirks
Germany
Norderstedt
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
badge
mbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Klingon is the middle base
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Morris
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
chas59 wrote:

Come to think of it, perhaps I'll add yellow culture dots from 1-3 to identify how much additional culture they are giving me, (as are on the cardboard ones) and for individual identity:

Uh, starbases don't generate culture. That symbol is to indicate how much ascendancy is required to build each.

(Edit for clarity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Anyone know which are which? I think the one piece ones are Federation. The others can be identified for discussion here as Post (post on top piece, hole on bottom) and Hole (hole in top; post on bottom). For example, I'm currently letting GF9 know that of the three sets I bought, one Hole top piece is missing.

Any thoughts on painting? I usually just do a simple job. So I may just paint the Federation ones white, perhaps with a blue base and leave it at that. The others, once I properly identify them, may just get bases in their trim color (green or red), and simple coats of whatever they are in the TV show/films. Any suggestions from those up on their Star Base images?

Come to think of it, perhaps I'll add yellow culture dots from 1-3 to identify how much additional culture they are giving me, (as are on the cardboard ones) and for individual identity:

The disk is federation, The one with the kilingon symbol on the front is... klingon, and the romulan one is the one with the stairs on top.

I painted mine to match the color of the pieces in the game with a light wash to bring out the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo My plan is:

Federation: white body

Klingon: muted "Country Red"* body, black empire symbol

Romulan: muted "Mistletoe"* green body

All bases will be black. When placed on top of the cardboard bases provided with the game for stability, the Ascendancy symbols will be revealed on the bottom, and so will not have to be painted on.

*Americana brand craft paint names. These hues match the control console colors more than the bright ship colors, but complement them nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Well, I finished up the Federation SBs first because they don't need to be glued. It turns out that my intuition was right! When you place the 3D minis on top of the cardboard ones you get with the game, the minis fit right "inside the lines." Ascendancy strengths needed to build them and a colored outline show around them, lighting them up nicely on the table. The mini bases fit exactly inside the cardboard (which is larger). Clearly they were meant to be displayed this way!

(Sorry I don't do photos; but I'll see if a pal can do some for me). So check it out if you have the minis and the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Jorjorian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the resin bases. Is this how they came for everyone?
If so how do you get the tab off of the bottom center of the base without breaking the base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with precise cutters it should be fine.
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8143
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprue Cutters and Exacto Knife. Don't forget to wash them in detergent before you paint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Jorjorian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
beejunjoe wrote:
I got the resin bases. Is this how they came for everyone?
If so how do you get the tab off of the bottom center of the base without breaking the base?

I just pushed carefully with some force and it snapped off perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roelof Konijnenberg
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know whether the expansion races will be getting these as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is no info on it so no idea, but they should for good measure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
How could they not make little Deep Space Nines? For sure they'll make model Starbases for the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would imagine we will see an official plastic (hopefully) starbase release for each faction in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Now if only the Cardassian Expansion came with a Nor Preorder bonus and the Ferengi Expansion came with a Ferengi Trading post station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.