Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Three questions about the hiring of occupation cards:

1. Is it correct that the hiring/income phase must take place before the movement/business phase? If correct, this means no hiring on the first round of the game?

2. When you hire an occupation card, must you place it in the market area where your Oyakata figure is located, or can you place it anywhere on the board? The description of Step A is not clear, but I suspect it must be in front of your Oyakata.

3. If you must do the hiring prior to moving, and you must hire where the Oyataka figure is located, then it follows that you would need to locate your Oyataka figure in the spot where you want to build next round. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - you start with one of the four basic card. last one in turn order choose first
2 - you can place your artisan anywhere on the board
3 - see n°2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you Christophe!

haplo92 wrote:
1 - you start with one of the four basic card. last one in turn order choose first
2 - you can place your artisan anywhere on the board
3 - see n°2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Is it correct that the hiring/income phase must take place before the movement/business phase?

Obviously, since it is step A, and the "movement/business" phase is step B (both of phase 2). The third part of phase 2 is "End of round". Please do not mix up steps and phases.

Quote:
If correct, this means no hiring on the first round of the game?

Why not? You play phase 1 (with a random turn order in round 1= January), then phase 2 step A (hiring/income), then phase 2 step B (movement/business, in the order determined in step 1). When all have done step B, end of round follows, with possible extras like payday (called "closing time" in the old rules) or fire.

Are you sure you play from the current rules? You can get them here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132949/english-rules-.... But the round sequence was, IHMO, clear even in the 1st print run rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
PunTheHun wrote:
Why not?

Because I incorrectly thought that players could only place hired occupation cards in an empty stall where their Oyataka was located (and at the start of the game, the Oyataka is not even in the street). All of my questions stem from this simple misunderstanding. I'm good now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dougbass68 wrote:
I incorrectly thought that players could only place hired occupation cards in an empty stall where their Oyataka was located.

I see how that could spoil the game for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
PunTheHun wrote:
dougbass68 wrote:
I incorrectly thought that players could only place hired occupation cards in an empty stall where their Oyataka was located.

I see how that could spoil the game for you

Yep. I am very much looking forward to playing with the correct rules. The game will undoubtedly be far better without that restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.