Subject: Boss Pack and Custom dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Olszewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone,
I want to close my Pledge Manager and I am on the verge with buying mentioned above add-ons.

BOSS PACK

This is the question I can mainly address to all Descent fans - how does it affect the gameplay? Is it strange to use few tokens where there are miniatures all around? 40 pounds it's quite a good offer but from the other hand It is nearly what I paid for This War of mine What do you think? Take it or not and what are pros and cons?

Custom dice pack
Here the same - one part of me is saying that I must have them instead of descent d6 but from the other hand these are just dice - is it really worth spending 10 pounds?

I am looking forward to seeing your opinions

Cheers
Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a Descent fan (or rather, I've never played it so I can't give an opinion on it) but I am a long time modeller and for value the £40 for those miniatures is exceptional. Whether you think it's strange to use tokens instead of miniatures is a personal preference thing unfortunately so nobody can answer that but you! Personally I much prefer to have miniatures but that's because I'm a 'miniatures guy' and I think they look awesome (see above comment regarding value) but if that isn't a concern for you and you're happy to just use the tokens then I'd stick with them. There's likely to be other token floating around the board from different skills etc. so not like they'll be on their own!

As for the dice I didn't add them because I don't see the point in custom dice. Dice are dice and I have roughly a million of them already! But it's another personal preference thing and if you like them you should get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Jonah.

I never take the custom dice on Kickstarters... I really don't see the point.
Funny thing there: A friend of mine bought zombicide season 3 and she exchanged that came with the game. The 6s and the 1s are symbols. One is a zombihead the other a molotov-cocktail. When they played the game everyone was constantly confused what they had rolled.

On the miniatures it's as Jonah said. If you are a minatures guy then it's just great. But even I thought what minis I have in my collection to proxy. In the end I wanted them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Descent and combining tokens with miniatures isn't an issue for me. This said I'm still considering boss pack, but I want to see the final models before adding them. £10 feels quite a lot for dice, but I purchased those. Not a necessity, just like to have those special symbols instead of standard d6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.