Subject: Solo run: no occupations in the eight game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, first of all. I've got the Spanish 4th edition. I've tried to find the same ruleset in English but both the z-man & Mayfair revised rules I found are a bit different, so maybe you never heard this rule:

It's very similar (you can choose an occupation to remain each game, up to a max. Of 7 between your hand and the board).

But then "If you wish, once you have completed the eight game, the player may add 1 occupation card per game to his starting hand. The VP goal will raise 1 point each subsequent game"

Sounds quite logical, but let's read it with attention.
According to this, when you reach the 8th and "final" game you play with the 7 occs on the table and don't draw any to the starting hand. (Let's suppose you keep an occupation. Per game).

But if you win that 8th game you may draw a new occupation for your 9th.
Not a big deal, but that creates a gap. Usually I know if I have 4 occs, I'm in the 5th game, if I have 6 in the 7h, etc. Now there's a 2 occs gap after the 8th.

A bit OCD, I know, but I wanted to know if someone has the same ruleset and found this a bit odd. And if he tweaked it. I think the IOS version doesn't allow more than 7 occs even for long solo runs, but I'm not that good of a player and I kinda want to experiment with a lot of occs without having to plan the perfect long run game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.