Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enjoying beating my own high scores, so why not make it a fun group thing?

I just set my personal solo game high score of 28 (2,800 points).
This was playing with mission cards, but drawing mission cards before re-rolling. I find the mission cards help me more than hurt me now that I know how they work. I'll admit I had some great luck this game, and was able to keep flyin' twice on my first round, and once on both the other rounds. I also took some big risks!

Current high score: 28

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
I'm enjoying beating my own high scores, so why not make it a fun group thing?

I just set my personal solo game high score of 28 (2,800 points).
This was playing with mission cards, but drawing mission cards before re-rolling. I find the mission cards help me more than hurt me now that I know how they work. I'll admit I had some great luck this game, and was able to keep flyin' twice on my first round, and once on both the other rounds. I also took some big risks!

Current high score: 28

Great idea and well played. My latest high scores on solo were 2100 and 2500 so well done, you've technically beaten the designer at his own game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think I must be doing something wrong, because I consistently get closer to 3,000 or more (3 rounds, revealing the mission before re-rolling).

My rounds usually get me from around 700 to 1500 and I rarely get defeated unless I really try to risk pressing my luck or get "bushwacked".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montanus wrote:
I think I must be doing something wrong, because I consistently get closer to 3,000 or more (3 rounds, revealing the mission before re-rolling).

My rounds usually get me from around 700 to 1500 and I rarely get defeated unless I really try to risk pressing my luck or get "bushwacked".

That seems possible. My high score of 2,800 may not be all that high, but was my high at the time. I felt pretty lucky to get that, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got excited with the forum and decided to play some more.

First game was awesome, got 1600 points plus 6 cargo on the first round (see picture for the amazing first "hand" I got) and ended up with 4000 points total!!! (Absoulte record for me!)

The other games were ok, but not as spectacular, specially because of some devastating "bushwacked" missions.

Here are the results:

Game 1: 3300 points + 14 cargo (4000 total)

Round 1: 1600 points + 6 cargo
Round 2: 1100 points + 6 cargo
Round 3: 600 points + 2 cargo

Game 2: 2400 points + 6 cargo (2700 total)

Round 1: 800 points + 4 cargo
Round 2: 600 points + 2 cargo
Round 3: 1000 points

Game 3: 2600 points + 10 cargo (3100 total)

Round 1: 500 points + 2 cargo
Round 2: 1000 points + 4 cargo
Round 3: 1100 points + 4 cargo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Looks like I have some catching up to do. That 4,000 will be very hard to top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played six games for the first time, these are my scores:

- 100 VP
- 14 supplies

- 800 VP
- 5 supplies

- 1900 VP
- 12 supplies

- 800 VP
- 11 supplies

- 1100 VP
- 8 supplies

- 1300 VP
- 8 supplies

I know I can improve to be able to achieve your records

I also saw this play of
Josh Taylor

Olympia
Washington
msg tools
mbmb

5300 uh? Challenge accepted! mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good job!

What I love about this game is that is really quickly to play, allowing you for multiple tries.

I think my scores were initially like yours and then got consistently better with practice, though 4000 is still my best score, and probably will stay like that for a while. I tried to beat it the other day and got between 2000 and 3000.

5300 sounds like a very, very difficult challenge indeed!!!

Good luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
montanus wrote:

I finally realized what I was doing wrong (and only took me more than a year)!

I was making a quick reference guide for the game, so I didn't have to flip through the rulebook in search of what the different mission abilities do (plus organizing a turn sequence where missions are revealed before re-rolls), when I realized I had been taken 100 points each time I "defeated" a single Foe die, instead of each time I "defeated" the Foe entirely.

This means that instead of 100-300 victory points per round, I had been scoring 500. That is between 400 and 200 extra points por round, which means my scores have been roughly double of what they should had been, so please ignore my previous fantastic (outrageous, absurd) scores.

I will try to post again after a few games to provide more accurate scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.