$30.00
johan M
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

I just picked up a copy of the game and I am trying to figure out if it has the errata. Is there any way of finding this out without spoiling any of the cases? And if I have the old version, is there a way to get the updated books and newspaper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ystari had said the updated version has the code "2016-2" near the barcode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today and I thought it was an older version since it is copyrighted 2014, but it does say 2016-2 near the barcode, so I guess it is really the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johan M
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:

Mine Says 2016-1, not sure if that's it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faralar wrote:
Frank Overwood wrote:

Mine Says 2016-1, not sure if that's it...

Ditto.
I printed the errata here anyway. Just in case. Haven't played the era tad cases yet so unwilling to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah 2016 - 1 is the version with the misprints. I haven't played it yet either but that is what I've gathered from the forums and Asmodee's site. I have an email pending from last Thursday to them asking about official PDF or replacement booklets but haven't heard back yet. I'll post what I hear when I hear it.

Just to be clear I'm talking about Asmodée North America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
I printed the errata here anyway. Just in case...

I just put a dropbox link to a file I created for some of the large-format Times newspapers to make it easier to send to a print shop like Kinkos (since my color laser doesn't handle anything above 8-1/2"x14").

I scanned the "good" side of the two errata case #5 and #7 newspapers, and paired them up with their errata side counterparts (thank you again Marcus Pascall for the awesome work on the unofficial errata). I then included the large format Times images from two of the fan cases found here on the Geek that I couldn't print at home either. That way, I just have the print shop print the one seven-page file and then I have all of the large format Times papers that I couldn't print myself.

I posted it in this forum:

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective English Unofficial Errata UPDATED May 13, 2016

Click there for the DropBox link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Ystari, who directed me to Asmodee, who mailed me replacement casebooks for #3 and #6. But I haven't checked them to see if they're really updated. I don't see why they would mail them if they weren't. I didn't get any updated newspapers, though, and I got no reply when I followed up about it. I don't think there are barcodes on the individual casebooks, so I can't check that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
I contacted Ystari, who directed me to Asmodee, who mailed me replacement casebooks for #3 and #6. But I haven't checked them to see if they're really updated. I don't see why they would mail them if they weren't. I didn't get any updated newspapers, though, and I got no reply when I followed up about it. I don't think there are barcodes on the individual casebooks, so I can't check that way.

Was there a specific email you used when you contacted Asmodee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested in if what e-mail you used. Just got my copy today from CoolStuff and its 2016-1. Glad I decided to check the forms for anything interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind, found this in the comments of the errata file

http://parts.asmodeena.com/

I submitted a request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've written to Asmodee today, and asked them some questions:

1) Are there printed corrected versions of #3 and #6 currently available?

2) If printed copies aren't available, then what's the status of what Gabriel Ecoutin said over on the Ystari page...
http://www.ystari.com/sherlock-holmes-reprinted/
...namely:

Quote:
Q: Will those of us who already own the game be able to download the corrected pages for Case #3 and Case #6, once they’re available?

A: Asmodee US shall offer something like that. Please contact them, thanks.

3) Regardless of what form the replacements take (printed, PDF), when will they be available, and what do we do to get them?

I also encouraged them to make an official statement here on the BGG forums, to clear up any confusion once and for all.

If I hear back from them, I'll let everybody know.

Cheers,
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a reply

"Current request status: On Hold
Note: We are processing your request, but are unable to fulfill it at this time as we are temporarily out of the parts you need. Fear not, for there is a reprint on the way and we will be receiving replacement parts for the game along with it. Once we have received these, we will process your request quickly. You do not need to submit additional requests for this part; we have your request saved in a queue for replacement. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email. Thank you for your understanding and patience"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igknight wrote:
I just got a reply

Note: We are processing your request, but are unable to fulfill it at this time as we are temporarily out of the parts you need. Fear not, for there is a reprint on the way and we will be receiving replacement parts for the game along with it. Once we have received these, we will process your request quickly. You do not need to submit additional requests for this part; we have your request saved in a queue for replacement. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email. Thank you for your understanding and patience"

I got an identical reply. Guess we will see if and how long before we get the updated case files

I read someone did get them but not the fixed newspapers - not sure how much those matter though.
If the newspapers which came with the older editions are wrong and they don't send out replacements along with the casebooks, then that would be pretty disappointing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
igknight wrote:
I just got a reply

I got an identical reply. Guess we will see if and how long before we get the updated case files

I read someone did get them but not the fixed newspapers - not sure how much those matter though.
If the newspapers which came with the older editions are wrong and they don't send out replacements along with the casebooks, then that would be pretty disappointing

I agree, but with the reply, my hopes are not high that I get replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Medvinskiy
United States
Folcroft
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about previous editions? I bought my box a long time ago, but got to it just recently. Do i have any errors in my copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hickname wrote:
What about previous editions? I bought my box a long time ago, but got to it just recently. Do i have any errors in my copy?

How long ago was a long time? I know that if the bar code has 2016-1 on it like mine, you have the copy with errors, but I don't know if the prints before that had errors or not. I don't think they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hickname wrote:

If its the Ystari English edition, then yes. You'll want to print out the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Unofficial Errata, which fixes cases 3 and 6. The other errors are minor and shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All they offered me is a PDF of the new case files, not acceptable in my book. If they won't send me new case files then I'll try and return the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igknight wrote:
All they offered me is a PDF of the new case files, not acceptable in my book. If they won't send me new case files then I'll try and return the game.
I also got PDFs. New books would have been nice, but PDFs seemed reasonable to me for something that will literally be used one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
I also got PDFs. New books would have been nice, but PDFs seemed reasonable to me for something that will literally be used one time.

Just received PDF's today as well. At first I was mad that I wouldn't be getting physical copies, then realized as well: One use and done. I still have my physical copy with the unofficial errata color printed and taped inside to where it is barely noticeable. I may swap those pages out with the official errata if it is still just a couple pages.

Has anyone compared the official and unofficial errata to see how closely they match?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the 1 use and done, but at the same time, I paid money for the game, I expect to be able to play every case. They messed up and are expecting me to now pay more money to print off (I don't have a printer either) the case files that should have been correct in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igknight wrote:
I understand the 1 use and done, but at the same time, I paid money for the game, I expect to be able to play every case. They messed up and are expecting me to now pay more money to print off (I don't have a printer either) the case files that should have been correct in the first place.
Based on your activity here, you clearly don't have a problem reading small snippets of words in digital format. If you don't want to print, just use a computer or phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That isn't he point. They should provide physical copies due to it being their mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igknight wrote:
That isn't he point. They should provide physical copies due to it being their mistake.
You said you wanted to be able to play every case, and now you can. You said you didn't want to have to print, and you don't have to.

Consider this similar case. If company prints a rule book with a completely wrong rule, they are probably not going to send a brand new rule book to every person. Instead you typically get a FAQ as a PDF, and probably an updated rule book, also as a PDF. On top of that, this is something that will see even less use than a rule book since you will read maybe 10-20 snippets of text from it and then never look at it again.

Yes, it sucks they missed a bit of text changes during translation, but it happens. Their response is completely reasonable and doesn't interfere with your ability to play the cases as intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.