5 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Travelling between quests - Heir of Blood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Mouse
msg tools
Hi all,

My gaming group recently started Descent 2e for the first time so we are still trying to work out all the rules etc, though I think we have a solid grasp on the basics now.

We're gathering again soon for the 2nd encounter of Rellegar's Rest and I have but just 2 questions...

1. In the rulebook it states that after each quest the Heroes can visit the shop in Arhynn (sp? doing it from memory). It also states that when travelling to a new quest the Heroes always start back at Arhynn and follow the path to the newly chosen quest, sorting out the Travel cards as they go. My question is where on earth is Arhynn on the Heirs of Blood map? I'm pretty certain I'm missing something so blindingly obvious...

2. Can Lord Merick Farrow search for the Staff of Shadows in the same way that the Heroes can search for the Staff of Light? The text seems to hint towards that but I just want to be sure.

I'm playing the Overlord so any tips would be greatly appreciated via PM I lost the first Quest due to my own stupidity and only just lost the 1st encounter of Rellegar's Rest.

Thanks in advance, thoroughly enjoying the game from what little I've played so far, even if it is 4 v 1!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveling in HoB is always from Kethiri. I think you have the old rule book edition.

All monsters can search and pick up the white token. Only if Merrick is carrying the token, OL can use the relic Staff of Shadows.

Look for some ideas in our most recent PBF quest here. I was playing the OL and virtually annihilated the heroes. I hope you saved some OL cards from encounter 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mouse
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply.

That would make sense as I've been reading the online rulebook from FFG website as I'm not the owner of the game. Wondered why Kethiri was on the map but not included in the quest section.

I'll certainly bookmark your quest and have a looksy.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure you got this correctly; you have a shopping phase after each quest, not after each encounter. So the heroes cannot spend gold or experience inbetween encounters 1 and 2 of any quest. There also is no travel step between encounters. Only at the start of a quest (so at the start of encounter 1) do you travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your statements are all correct.
There is one (counter-intuitive) detail concerning the traveling step: It is done after heroes and monsters set-up on the new map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.