Recommend
24 
 Thumb up
 Hide
65 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: 7 years ago... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Congrats [+] shreve-jumps-the-shark [+] What's-Whac3-hiding? [+] [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By the Jewish calendar, tonight begins 14 Av-- my wedding anniversary. We married in the afternoon and the celebration went on into the evening which was the beginning of the next day, my birthday, 15 Av. Also called Tu b'Av the 15th of Av is sometimes called the Jewish Valentine's day. It's a traditional day of weddings and celebrations. We've struggled far more than I hoped to financially and otherwise but without a doubt it's easily been the best seven years of my life.

Religion? We're Jews.
Sex? Well, we have three children now.
Politics? We're proudly Israeli
43 
 Thumb up
1.51
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

Gotta brag, doncha? laugh

Congrats! May the next 70 years be as good as the first seven....but hang in there if they aren't.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Religion? We're Jews.
Sex? Well, we have three children now.
Politics? We're proudly Israeli


Humility, none
Humor, lacking
Interesting, rarely
Emotional , often
Genius, allegedly
Erectile ,dysfunctional



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Stay classy!


Mazel tov, Moshe!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Stay classy!


Mazel tov, Moshe!


The stay at home dad makes a good point, at least you're not Kelsey.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

As a sidebar: Tomorrow will be the 43rd anniversary of my wedding date. We were only actually married for the 1st 15 years of it though. Neither of us remarried. I say that's because I can't make a comittment and she can't make a compromise.

Edit: Btw, we wish each other well on the anniversary of our wedding AND the anniversary of our divorce, July 18th.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Best wishes for many more years, Moshe.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're planning something nice (She undoubtedly deserves it. ) 3 kids in 7 years! wow
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I hope you're planning something nice (She undoubtedly deserves it. )
She does.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
whac3 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
I hope you're planning something nice (She undoubtedly deserves it. )
She does.

If for nothing else but putting up with you....whistle
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


whac3 wrote:
By the Jewish calendar, tonight begins 14 Av-- my wedding anniversary. We married in the afternoon and the celebration went on into the evening which was the beginning of the next day, my birthday, 15 Av. Also called Tu b'Av the 15th of Av is sometimes called the Jewish Valentine's day. It's a traditional day of weddings and celebrations. We've struggled far more than I hoped to financially and otherwise but without a doubt it's easily been the best seven years of my life.

Religion? We're Jews.

Ahhh, but what sect of Judaism are you talking about?


whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?


whac3 wrote:
Politics? We're proudly Israeli

Of what Israeli political party are you a member of?


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?


It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?


It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.

Not every religion is Christianity anyway.

EDIT:
Those interested in Jewish attitudes towards sex can read the following:
http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats fella!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?


It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.

Not every religion is Christianity anyway.


Yes of course but it was the sketch I thought about when reading the previous post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
Yes of course but it was the sketch I thought about when reading the previous post.

That response was not really directed at you. I am tryingto not ruin my own thread but think it extremely bad form to ask someone about details of their sex life on an anniversary thread. Yes, I connected kids to the S in RSP, but that's because that's where they come from.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
By the Jewish calendar, tonight begins 14 Av-- my wedding anniversary. We married in the afternoon and the celebration went on into the evening which was the beginning of the next day, my birthday, 15 Av. Also called Tu b'Av the 15th of Av is sometimes called the Jewish Valentine's day. It's a traditional day of weddings and celebrations. We've struggled far more than I hoped to financially and otherwise but without a doubt it's easily been the best seven years of my life.

Religion? We're Jews.

Ahhh, but what sect of Judaism are you talking about?

No Direct Response by whac3.


whac3 wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?

It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.

Not every religion is Christianity anyway.

EDIT:
Those interested in Jewish attitudes towards sex can read the following:
http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm

What a disingenuous dodge of my direct question! After all, I didn't ask you about Jewish attitudes about sex in general. Moreover, there are different denominations or sects within Judaism and they don't all believe the same thing.


ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Politics? We're proudly Israeli

Of what Israeli political party are you a member of?

No Direct Response by whac3.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
*argle bargle*

You want a response, arsehole: Go screw yourself. Do you need me to elaborate?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


whac3 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
By the Jewish calendar, tonight begins 14 Av-- my wedding anniversary. We married in the afternoon and the celebration went on into the evening which was the beginning of the next day, my birthday, 15 Av. Also called Tu b'Av the 15th of Av is sometimes called the Jewish Valentine's day. It's a traditional day of weddings and celebrations. We've struggled far more than I hoped to financially and otherwise but without a doubt it's easily been the best seven years of my life.

Religion? We're Jews.

Ahhh, but what sect of Judaism are you talking about?

No Direct Response by whac3.


whac3 wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?

It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.

Not every religion is Christianity anyway.

EDIT:
Those interested in Jewish attitudes towards sex can read the following:
http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm

What a disingenuous dodge of my direct question! After all, I didn't ask you about Jewish attitudes about sex in general. Moreover, there are different denominations or sects within Judaism and they don't all believe the same thing.


ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Politics? We're proudly Israeli

Of what Israeli political party are you a member of?

No Direct Response by whac3.

You want a response, arsehole: Go screw yourself. Do you need me to elaborate?

Yes, actually, I might, because before I can answer that question definitively, I first need to know what sect of Judaism and Israeli political party you're a member of so that I can judge for myself whether your directive advising me to "screw [myself]" would be kosher or not.

So, stop being a schmuck and be more accountable for what you say.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Avatar
Congratulations!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shreve;

You don't need to know anything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeebus, way to shit all over what was a congratulatory thread Shreve-o.
shake
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, happy anniversary Moshe. All the best, sir.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Anyway, happy anniversary Moshe. All the best, sir.

Thanks!

Of course I think it's impossible to stop that birthday from 7 years ago. As evening rolled in and I turned 36, I was dancing and celebrating and that day was my first as a married man. Still my birthdays are extra special now.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:


whac3 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
By the Jewish calendar, tonight begins 14 Av-- my wedding anniversary. We married in the afternoon and the celebration went on into the evening which was the beginning of the next day, my birthday, 15 Av. Also called Tu b'Av the 15th of Av is sometimes called the Jewish Valentine's day. It's a traditional day of weddings and celebrations. We've struggled far more than I hoped to financially and otherwise but without a doubt it's easily been the best seven years of my life.

Religion? We're Jews.

Ahhh, but what sect of Judaism are you talking about?

No Direct Response by whac3.


whac3 wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Sex? Well, we have three children now.

So, do we understand correctly that you only have sex when you want to have children?

It reminds me the "Every sperm is sacred" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of life.

Not every religion is Christianity anyway.

EDIT:
Those interested in Jewish attitudes towards sex can read the following:
http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm

What a disingenuous dodge of my direct question! After all, I didn't ask you about Jewish attitudes about sex in general. Moreover, there are different denominations or sects within Judaism and they don't all believe the same thing.


ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Politics? We're proudly Israeli

Of what Israeli political party are you a member of?

No Direct Response by whac3.

You want a response, arsehole: Go screw yourself. Do you need me to elaborate?

Yes, actually, I might, because before I can answer that question definitively, I first need to know what sect of Judaism and Israeli political party you're a member of so that I can judge for myself whether your directive advising me to "screw [myself]" would be kosher or not.

So, stop being a schmuck and be more accountable for what you say.




Are you on the autistic spectrum? A serious question because you don't seem to know how to behave in an appropriate way socially. R S P above were clearly jokes. This was to cover the fact that some kind of idiot might complain that this thread had no RSP content and should be in the wastes of chitchat. Instead you decided to be inappropriate in a different way. Perhaps you need to ask someone why your behaviour was inappropriate in this context if you don't get it yourself.
16 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.