6 Posts

Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Aedui strategy help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n1x17 n1x17
Philippines
flag msg tools
Our group plays Fire in the Lake regularly.
My shipment of Falling Sky just arrived here in
the Philippines today.

We played the main scenario with the Sudden Frost option.
First game, Romans won on the first winter.
That was a quick one.

Second game, Beglic won on the third winter.
The Averni just needed 4 legions more to win,
meaning she was at 8 allies already.

I played Aedui having absolutely no idea how to win.
I used Trade & Suborn regularly.
That was it.

I need help.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aedui do best spread out. You won't have the military might that any of the other factions carry, so you'll have to rely on cunning and negotiation to achieve victory.

First thing is first, you're somewhat tied to the Romans. Since as before mentioned you don't have the forces to go charging into battle, you'll need Caesar to help clear down whomever has the Most Other Allies. Don't be afraid of giving the Roman player Resources, especially when you Trade and he can give you Supply to generate a bit more cash.

Generally, your biggest worry will be the Arverni, since you share a Home Region next door. Make sure you spread your Warbands so you can Suborn and remove their Allies to place your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you played the 54BC scenario, there’s no victory phase for the first winter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n1x17 n1x17
Philippines
flag msg tools
We played the 53BC scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with PF's comments on Aedui strategy: the Aedui have to rely upon working with the Romans (up to a point), especially to get Resources, and use their Suborn SA to the hilt. As also noted by PF, the Arverni are the main opponent for the Aedui, especially as the Arverni can tromp through the Aedui Regions to spread Devastation markers which will cause much havoc for the Aedui.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Philips
msg tools
Your fortunes are tied to the Romans, for good or ill. Generally speaking, if the Arverni have the luxury to devote their undivided attention to the Aedui, things are going very, very badly for Caesar. Playing the Romans, I've usually found that any situation in which I'm doing a halfway decent job of containing the Belgae and Arverni, the Aedui just seem to magically sneak all over the board stealing everybody's allies. They found their way into Brittania and Germanica. If you're playing the Aedui, you remind the Romans that they are going to have a very tough time winning without your assistance, and they have an easier chance to win by being able to devote their time to defeating the other tribes and hoping they can come back and smack you down at the end. Which, if it gets to that point, you can make a lot harder for them to do than they maybe realize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.