Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I know it's quite early to ask the question ... but is there any plan to release a box gathering the base game and the yet-to-come expansion ? (either in the English version or in the French version)

I discovered the game recently, learned about the French edition and the expansion (in English) being available late 2016 few days ago and I wouldn't buy the base game at Essen, the expansion few months later and learn that a base game + expansion box is out one year later.

So, is there yet a firm decision regarding this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this has been asked, and IIRC, the answer for now was no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
Hi,

I know it's quite early to ask the question ... but is there any plan to release a box gathering the base game and the yet-to-come expansion ? (either in the English version or in the French version)

I discovered the game recently, learned about the French edition and the expansion (in English) being available late 2016 few days ago and I wouldn't buy the base game at Essen, the expansion few months later and learn that a base game + expansion box is out one year later.

So, is there yet a firm decision regarding this ?

I would be very surprised if there were, at any time in the future. It seems given the high volume of Scythe already on the market, it would seem unwise to put out a big box so soon after the initial release. Also, I am pretty sure that it was stated that the expansion would fit in the initial game box (though tight) thus yet another reason not to buy the big box.

From my experience, Big Box games are usually many years after the initial production of the base game and incorporates multiple expansions that had been released. It seems a bit unrealistic to think that there might be a big box version of Scythe coming out when the game is just now hitting the mass market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it is now, Scythe IS a big-box edition! In fact, I have a bit of room to spare when it is packed, and I do not have to pack it carefully to get everything to fit.

I feel certain that it will hold the one planned expansion for Scythe - so there is no need for a larger box.

If they ever did increase the size, it would probably not be called the 'big-box' edition, but the 'even bigger box' edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your question, but no, there are definitely no plans to release a big box version of Scythe, nor do I think we'll ever do that. The plan for the future is to sell the retail version of Scythe along with individual special accessories and expansions (all through retailers, not from our website).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
As it is now, Scythe IS a big-box edition!

By "big box" I meant "a single box with both the base game and the expansion".

So thanks for the official answer I will buy both boxes after the release of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
accessories and expansions (all through retailers, not from our website).

I Like that last part cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
along with individual special accessories and expansions (all through retailers, not from our website).

We're gonna need a bigger box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antoi wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:
accessories and expansions (all through retailers, not from our website).

I Like that last part cool

2nd expansion confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.