Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for clarification on if during resource gathering, you can play cards, perform the action, then play more cards to perform another different action. I understand you can only play an action once, but there was a debate about having to play all cards first, then perform the actions of those cards after announcing your actions.

The main debate for this is the draw action. Can I play a scout, draw 2 cards, and then use those cards to perform a different action? Or do I have to declare all actions before performing the actual draw? So draw would only give you cards for the skirmish.

I tried to find a clear ruling on this in the rulebook, but I couldn't find it. One of the examples throw me off as well, because it had someone play a dig action, then before digging, had them play a hunt action. After both were played, then the player searched the junkyard and added a mercenary to their discard pile.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what the rules say, but we always play you do one action at a time without declaring which actions you are going to perform after it. Much like you would in most other deckbuilders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Same. There would be little value in drawing extra cards if they can only be used for the skirmish, and it would take away half the decision-making value of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the responses. I agree, it would take away from the game if you couldn't draw cards and then play more actions. I was just trying to make sure and couldn't find a solid answer. We will continue to play as we were.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.