Subject: Spawning Gates in OOI expansion? Misprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico K.
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am mistaken, but in the Stage I deck, there is a yellow adventure card ("the road to elsewhere") which has the "spawn a gate" symbol on the success side. Afaik there are no gates in the OOI expansion, so how do I solve this? Couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the absence of Elder Sign: Gates of Arkham, that symbol just means "Put an other worlds adventure card into play," right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico K.
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check my copy when I get home. You should post an image of it if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I double-checked the OOI rules on the FFG site, but there's nothing about a "gate" (or other worlds) icon in there. It doesn't appear in the big icon list on the penultimate page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
stento wrote:
Maybe I am mistaken, but in the Stage I deck, there is a yellow adventure card ("the road to elsewhere") which has the "spawn a gate" symbol on the success side. Afaik there are no gates in the OOI expansion, so how do I solve this? Couldn't find it in the rulebook.

There is no such a symbol in the Omens rulebook because it's the very same symbol used in the core set for when you put an OW adventure in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
stento wrote:

There is no such a symbol in the Omens rulebook because it's the very same symbol used in the core set for when you put an OW adventure in play

Ah, I misread the question, I thought it was relating to a task.

Yeah, the success icon you're referring to says to put an Otherworldly Adventure into play, not a gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As has been puzzled out, it uses the rules from the base game which just adds an Other World Adventure. Its the Gates of Arkham rules that make that symbol mean something else when playing Gates of Arkham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico K.
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Julia. Hadn't that in mind anymore. Never touched the basegame rulebook since all the expansions came out and as Samuel said, it was misleading if you had the GoA rules in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
stento wrote:
Thanks Julia. Hadn't that in mind anymore. Never touched the basegame rulebook since all the expansions came out and as Samuel said, it was misleading if you had the GoA rules in mind.

No worries, Nico. At this point the game's seriously in need of a comprehensive document with all symbols detailed, and a serious breakdown of rules considering the recent clarifications Sam did in OoI for At Midnight effects and Dane did as official answer about the formation of the dice pool and the triggering of different effects. The game grew in complexity, and each expansion required additional clarifications. If you don't play often the game, it's normal missing something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
stento wrote:

No worries, Nico. At this point the game's seriously in need of a comprehensive document with all symbols detailed, and a serious breakdown of rules considering the recent clarifications Sam did in OoI for At Midnight effects and Dane did as official answer about the formation of the dice pool and the triggering of different effects. The game grew in complexity, and each expansion required additional clarifications. If you don't play often the game, it's normal missing something

This is in part, what is holding me back from learning OoI. I usually put out GoA to play solo or the base to teach others. Each time I've went to read the rules for OoI to play it I end up putting it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I comprehensive PDF guide would be nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
This is in part, what is holding me back from learning OoI. I usually put out GoA to play solo or the base to teach others. Each time I've went to read the rules for OoI to play it I end up putting it away.

I think you should give OOI a chance. It's really really good, and rich with theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.