Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Targi: Die Erweiterung» Forums » General

Subject: Meeple Source upgrade, any update? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple Source has a Targi upgrade kit I've been considering. Over at this post there was talk that they might also include parts for the upcoming expansion at some point.

I wonder, has there been anymore information on that? Shipping isn't always the greatest for Canada so I'd rather make one big order of all the Meeple Source items I want in one go and would hold off if I knew the expansion stuff was coming down the road.

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul

as far as I can say, the demand for the Targi upgrade was moderate at best. So I think it is not likely that meeple source will also produce the expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:
Hey Paul

as far as I can say, the demand for the Targi upgrade was moderate at best. So I think it is not likely that meeple source will also produce the expansion.


Big fan of the base game. Just saw this thread and had never even heard of the kit until now.

Everyone's different, but I suspect the reason the kit didn't sell well is the price. Just checked and the cost is $30 with shipping. Can't see myself paying that much for tokens for a single game - tokens that cost more than I paid for the game. If the price had been $20 I would probably go for it.

This isn't to say it didn't cost them a lot to make these kits. I just think they priced themselves out of the market.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Disappointing but not at all surprising. Component upgrades are kind of a niche thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I have the kit, and it is VERY cool! I hadn't heard about the possibility of tokens for the expansion though. Color me interested!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Targi upgrade kit of 8 figures (3 white and 3 blue Targi, 1 robber and 1 Targia) has been unlocked early. It was originally supposed to be when they reached $77k in pledges. They will surely surpass that anyway but it was a nice gesture on their part.

The cost is $11.

I am not sure how one goes about getting 2 more dates, salt, pepper and gold coins, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
I am not sure how one goes about getting 2 more dates, salt, pepper and gold coins, though.


Wait is the extra dates, salt and pepper and coins required?

Does the normal upgrade kit have the exact same number of resources as the game or more?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Thormodr wrote:
I am not sure how one goes about getting 2 more dates, salt, pepper and gold coins, though.


Wait is the extra dates, salt and pepper and coins required?

Does the normal upgrade kit have the exact same number of resources as the game or more?


Okay so looking this up the game comes with 10 each of the resources (dates, salt and pepper) and 8 coins.

The Meeple Source upgrade comes with 15 each of the resources but still 8 coins. Would that be a big problem to have only 8 coins vs 10? I don't know enough about the expansion to say.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Thormodr wrote:
I am not sure how one goes about getting 2 more dates, salt, pepper and gold coins, though.


Wait is the extra dates, salt and pepper and coins required?

Does the normal upgrade kit have the exact same number of resources as the game or more?


Okay so looking this up the game comes with 10 each of the resources (dates, salt and pepper) and 8 coins.

The Meeple Source upgrade comes with 15 each of the resources but still 8 coins. Would that be a big problem to have only 8 coins vs 10? I don't know enough about the expansion to say.


Hey Paul

as You already figured out additional (goods, gold and victory points) are not needed because You already got more of them in the original kickstarter then that there are in Targi + the expansion anyway.

Fore example: Meeple Sorce added 15 salt in their kickstarter. Targi has 10 salt, the expansion 2 so a player without Your upgrade has only 12 salt, even with the added ones from the expansion.

The additional gold is only there becaus there was a little space left on the punchboard

Greetings
Andy
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Mr. Steiger.

So now I just need the $11 upgrade (3 Blue and 3 White Targi plus 1 Robber and 1 Targia) plus the $8 upgrade (30 water drop tokens) and it'll be complete.

It'll look pretty nice when it's all done.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.