Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Shever
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi -

My name is Beni Shever and I'm looking for playtesters for my game "Adoption".

Adoption is a light strategy Hand Management Card Game focused around bidding and forming combinations.

Every player assumes the role of a dog walker! Adopt dogs from the pound using your treats...and walk combinations of dogs to earn reputation!

Thanks so much for your help. I will gladly playtest your game as well!

Follow this link to download the PnP
https://benishever.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/adoption-print-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shever
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Updated my PnP and Rules.

Desperately looking for testers and will gladly test your game in conjunction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Chambers
Australia
SALISBURY NORTH
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Won't have a group for at least the next four weeks (probably longer) but reading the rules, I can see the degenerate strategy.

Turn 1: Get 5 treats
Turn 2: Put 2 treats on 2 dogs
Turn 3: Put the same 2 treats on the same 2 dogs. (If others have placed on those dogs, you have now adopted them.

Keep repeating until every dog in the pound has four treats of your colour on them.

If every dog in the pound has four treats of your colour, take a leash card or walk dogs, otherwise put out more treats.

That way, opponents have to spend three treats, just to give you your own dog, if they want to free up space in the pound for new dogs.

This is my game by the way: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap4vkK0n_GJBkFfviS9-ktNPScLr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shever
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response.

I've actually changed the rules a lot tonight and will update the game rules tomorrow.

I will also check out your game rules and let you know what I think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Chambers
Australia
SALISBURY NORTH
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The internet doesn't do tone justice, so read the following in an honest, loving, caring tone:

Never, ever, ever, ever, ask anyone to play test something unless you yourself have played against yourself and found it to be an enjoyable experience.

Also, make sure you try every single simple strategy the rules allow to see if one of them will always win.

Remember, a playtester may spend an hour getting your game printed, cut and sleeved. The people they play with are usually close friends who have trusted the joy of their night to this host. Many will have worked a 40 or 50 hour week, and this may be the one window of fun before they go back to the drudgery.

If you haven't played the game against yourself, testing every possible combination of strategies, you are going to send off a game that will ruin one person's reputation and everyone's night.

I speak from experience. I've done this to people, and they still won't let me live it down. They've seen my great games, but every time I show them a new one, they ask me if it will be like the first game I ever showed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Chambers
Australia
SALISBURY NORTH
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Also, I updated the rules an hour ago. Same link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shever
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Okay well thank you for the advice laugh

I am constantly testing the game with friends and family. Just like you, I am continuing to update rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shever
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
UPDATED WITH NEW RULES AND COMPONENTS!

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.