Robert Peterson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, all!

While playing today with all of the added cards from the Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants expansions, as well as the adventures and Mystic Ruins decks in action, I encountered a puzzling question:

I decided to have a Mystic Ruins encounter. One of my personal items -- the Conspiracy Theorist ally from the FL expansion -- gives me +2 observation during "research encounters."

Would that card give me the +2 bonus for a mystic ruins encounter? They seem like similar beasts, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, research encounters are cards which you draw because you are on a space with a clue on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope! Mystic Ruins encounters are not research encounters, similar to how Expedition encounters are also not research encounters.

Incidentally, even though they are similar Mystic Ruins encounters are not Expedition encounters.

Only research encounters are research encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Peterson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Ahhhhhh, got it! Thanks, all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards specify things like, "+1 Observation when resolving tests on Expedition and Mystic Ruins encounters."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.