Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the announcement thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'16 (13.10.2016 - 16.10.2016) in Essen.

Do not post in this thread!

This thread will provide announcements, updates, reminders, and other important information regarding the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade.

The idea is that only I post in this thread to keep it limited to relevant information. If you don't want to keep up with the discussion thread, subscribe to this thread instead and I will provide you with all the important information (and not much more than that). Please do not post in this thread unless you are me (i.e. do not post in this thread).

All information provided here will be mirrored in the discussion thread to allow for questions and comments over there.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade request list

Please use the discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat:
Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are mostly the same as last year. You should still read the complete set of rules.

What changed compared to last year?

- The item submission and want list submission deadlines do not come with a specific time this year. Both deadlines are set to midnight Saturday/Sunday (CEST) and their corresponding time frames will end at some time on those Sundays. This may be before breakfast or after dinner - I can't plan ahead for a more detailed schedule since I will be on a business trip. Have your item submissions and want list submissions ready before the deadline displayed in the OLWLG and then have a little patience :)

- There is no item limit per user but keep in mind that you need to be able to bring all your traded items to SPIEL'16 and possibly carry them around over significant distances.

- Added the new regulations for cash value trades requiring 3% sales commission fee. For details see Cash Value Trades in Math Trades.

- Most importantly: We will have a new meeting place this year!

The new meeting place is in front of hall 3 next to Entrance West (right hand of the entrance area when approaching the entrance from the outside).

The new meeting place comes with several advantages:
- It is approved by the Friedhelm Merz Verlag (the organizer of SPIEL'16) and Messe Essen (in charge of the buildings and security). They know about our meeting and can plan for it.
- It is easier to reach. No need to carry the items all the way through the crowded halls and back. One could even participate without having a ticket for SPIEL.
- There is a roofed veranda along the building that provides enough space to support at least double the amount of people we were last year. The area is virtually not restricted in size. We will once again have a chance to move about and actually find our trade partners instead of being stuck in a tiny area.

There is also a downside to the new location:
- The area is roofed but still outside. Wear suitable clothes and protect your games from rain and moisture. Since it may get chilly in October in Germany, please be on time for the meetings before your trade partners turn into icicles.

Why the location change?

Those who did attend the meeting last year know that meeting in the Galeria again is not an option. Our trade meeting crowd has simply become too large to gather anywhere in-between exhibitor booths. We started out years ago as a peculiar phenomenon only observed by a few random bystanders but quickly grew into becoming a regular annoyance to the average visitor as well as to the exhibitors nearby. Last year, finally, we clearly exceeded "annoyance" and approached "safety concern". Fortunately, the people from Messe Essen were very helpful. They made sure that a free path for the regular visitors stayed clear and they even opened the gate to the outside when the number of traders became too large. After that, we all agreed that we needed to find a new location for 2016. I talked to the people from Friedhelm Merz Verlag and we think that this is the best solution. Remember that in the end we don't want to cause any trouble to our most beloved event of the year and the organizers don't want to alienate a major portion of their most loyal visitors (it's people like us who each spend hundreds of Euros at SPIEL each year).

Our new meeting place in pictures:

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 24 hours to add/edit/delete items

Having more detailed travel plans now, I will most likely end the item submission tomorrow morning (CEST) meaning there are less than 24 hours left to add, edit, or delete your entries.

I ask everyone to remove sold/unavailable items from the list NOW and to consider not selling or trading items elsewhere during the want list submission period. Keep in mind that more than 130 people spend time with your items by reading their descriptions, evaluating them, adding them to wishlists etc., so it's only fair to keep the number of time wasting "zombie items" down to a minimum.

Remember that deleting items is only allowed during the item submission period (less than 24 hours left).

Please check your items for unanswered questions. This is how OLWLG will notify you of unanswered comments for your items:

Remember that any comments posted after the item submission deadline will not show up in OLWLG.

There are currently over 2300 items in the trade list and it's still growing steadily. That's a lot of games to choose from. Thank you all for participating and for helping out new users in the discussion thread!

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last few hours to add/edit/delete items

I will close the list within the next few hours (basically the last thing I do before I have to grab my stuff and leave for a business trip).

After that, you will be able to start submitting your want lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favourite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favourite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me once again remind you that your questions are best asked in the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread. I know that many people prefer a private GeekMail but

a) you will definitely have to wait much longer for a GeekMail answer from me than you will have to wait for an answer in the discussion thread.

b) many people follow the discussion thread and may benefit from questions asked and answered there.

c) I am on a business trip for a couple of weeks and can currently afford to spend about 10 minutes per day on BGG. I will selfishly use that time to create my own want lists.

If you sent me a GeekMail regarding the Math Trade but didn't get a reply by now, you probably won't get one within the next 10 days. If you plan on sending me a GeekMail question: Don't. Use the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: The want lists for the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade have to be submitted by midnight today (CEST / UTC +2:00).

Although the official deadline is in about 15 hours from now, I will run the TradeMaximizer some time tomorrow morning (CEST), so you probably have about 24 hours left to create and modify your want lists. Just remember that after the official deadline the submission period may be over at any time without further notification.

If at this point your lists are missing or have been modified after your last submission you will find a reminder in your GeekMail inbox, too.

A few more useful things to do and check on:

+ Check the language of the items on your want lists.

+ Check the availability of the items on your want lists at SPIEL'16. Will you be able to collect them?

+ Use duplicate protection if you don't want to end up with multiple copies of the same game.

+ If you posted money offers, remove all other money offers from their respective want lists.

+ Check OLWLG for warnings and notifications regarding your want lists as well as for highlighted lines in the table view and investigate these issues.

+ Remember that you not only need to save ("Confirm") your lists in OLWLG but also submit them ("Submit Your Lists Here!" -> "Submit My Wants"). You will get a confirmation GeekMail from OLWLG. The same is true if you already submitted your lists but made changes afterwards: You will have to submit your new set of lists and you will get a new confirmation GeekMail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

Since we didn't have any cases of money arbitrage (I absolutely didn't expect that! and it turns out the that checking feature of OLWLG just doesn't work, see the discussion thread), this is still the first version of the rules.

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping leftovers math trade is up!

A second chance for your unwanted stuff! But be quick, it's only running for a few days.

The Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread and Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade announcement thread will stay the same.

All dates are considered preliminary assuming the results of the main trade can be confirmed in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
24+ hours have passed and there were no major issues.

The results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Remember that using the BGG Trade Manager is encouraged.

If you are hungry for more trading, there is the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping leftovers math trade. It's a second chance for your unwanted stuff - but be quick, it's only running for a few days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The leftovers trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favourite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favourite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celebrating my 20th visit to SPIEL this year as well as my new and shiny mb microbadge, there will be a leftovers leftovers math trade for those late to the party and those who still can't get enough.

It will be running for one week and start immediately after the current one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results.

If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Edit: Used the link from the original trade by mistake, corrected now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping leftovers leftovers math trade is up!

Your third (and last) chance for SPIEL'16 math trading - at least from my side. Again be quick, it's only running for a few days.

As in the previous leftovers trade, there will be no reminder GeekMails. Given the short time frame I would be sending reminders every day. You're all grown-ups, get a calendar program if you can't manage without reminders.

The Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread and Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade announcement thread will stay the same.

All dates are considered preliminary assuming the results of the first leftovers trade can be confirmed in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
24+ hours have passed and there were no major issues.

The leftovers trade results are confirmed. Happy trading!

If you are up for a round 3 of SPIEL math trading, there is the Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping leftovers leftovers math trade. Be quick, it's once again running for a few days only!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The leftovers leftovers trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results of the leftovers leftovers math trade are up!

If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
24 hours have passed and there were no issues.

The leftovers leftovers trade results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reminder about our new meeting place every day at noon (12:00)

The new meeting place is in front of hall 3 next to Entrance West (right hand of the entrance area when approaching the entrance from the outside).

The area is roofed but outside. Wear suitable clothes and protect your games from rain and moisture. Since it may get chilly in October in Germany, please be on time for the meetings before your trade partners turn into icicles.

Our new meeting place in pictures:

For more information about the location chance please read
Re: Essen SPIEL 2016 no shipping math trade discussion thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.