4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Journey to Rhosgobel - Conclusion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Mendez
msg tools
Evening learned folk...

I'm on the verge of completing Rhosgobel I think...

I'll try to explain:
Forest Grove is active.

I've got enough willpower to search Forest Grove and complete the quest but need Athelas. A previous search informed me that Athelas goes unguarded in the staging area.

So, Can I search Forest Grove, put Athelas in the staging area and claim it by exhausting a character before placing the final tokens on the quest card?

Or would I need to reduce my willpower, not complete the quest and pick up the Atmhelas next time round.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

Trevor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Mendez
msg tools
Just replying to my own thread...

I decided I probably couldn't interrupt quest resolution so went round again and completed it next round.

Wilyador lives!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
Yes, I think you played it correctly. Wonderful to hear that you saved Wilyador!

"Q: If there is an active location with a Response effect that triggers when it is explored and the players make enough progress to explore the location and advance to the next stage, when do the players resolve the location's Response effect?
"A: The players should advance to the next stage immediately and resolve any 'when revealed' effects on the next stage, then resolve the Response effect on the active location."
- LotR FAQ v. 1.8, page 17

You did well to wait. If you had placed sufficient progress to both explore Forest Grove and complete Stage 2, the quest would have advanced to Stage 3 and the game would have ended before the Response on Forest Grove would have resolved. (As the FAQ entry refers to "when explored" and the Response in question uses "after explored", note that "when explored" resolves before "after explored".)

If I understand you correctly, you explored Forest Grove without completing Stage 2, then the Response on Forest Grove added Athelas, unguarded, to the staging area, then you claimed Athelas in an Action window, and then in the next round you placed sufficient progress to complete Stage 2 and win the game. A lot to keep straight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Mendez
msg tools
Hi, thanks for clarifying that I did everything correctly.

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and am gradually getting a feel for how things should work. I did complete it as you described.

Emyn Muil is in the post. Can't wait to work my way through the ridiculous amount of content. Only 5 years catching up to do!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.