Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does each zombie in a city remove an Agent? (i.e. Do 3 zombies in London remove 3 Agents from London?)

The wording in the rulebook makes it sound as if only one Agent is removed from a city regardless of the number of zombies in that city, yet it gives you the option of placing more than one zombie in a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took it to be that only one agent is removed, regardless of number of zombies, based on the clarification section at the end of the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The zombie card does say ...

Zombies - This action has two parts. You
first MAY remove ONE agent of your choice
from each City space that you have one or
more
zombies in.

... so that clears up how many agents you remove. Still haven't worked
out why u would need more than one zombie in a city as well! blush

Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, zombies can be killed by players. If there's a city with a bunch of zombie targets for you, you might add extra zombies there so you don't lose your easy targets with a single kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
If I recall correctly, zombies can be killed by players. If there's a city with a bunch of zombie targets for you, you might add extra zombies there so you don't lose your easy targets with a single kill.

V2 doesn't mention this?

V1 allowed Agents to ass Zombies, but it hasn't been carried
into V2 of the game? ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
snoozefest wrote:

V2 doesn't mention this?

I just looked -- you're right, V2 Zombies can only be killed by Cthulhu (all in one city) or Leopold (all on the board). So there is no reason to have more than one in a single city, unless you're trying to attract Cthulhu's attention to that city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Gorlab wrote:
snoozefest wrote:

V2 doesn't mention this?

I just looked -- you're right, V2 Zombies can only be killed by Cthulhu (all in one city) or Leopold (all on the board). So there is no reason to have more than one in a single city, unless you're trying to attract Cthulhu's attention to that city.

So it appears that this was an editing oversight between the 1st and 2nd editions. Since agents can no longer kill zombies, the rules should have been changed to remove reference to more than one zombie in a city.

That clears up the question I had. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N LG
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
Since you guys appear to be expert in the zombie question...

I still don't figure how to put the first zombie, since the card says we need at least one to be effective.

2nd edition rules doesn't mention anything about zombies except with the card. Can you help ?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry Chinaski wrote:
Since you guys appear to be expert in the zombie question...

I still don't figure how to put the first zombie, since the card says we need at least one to be effective.

2nd edition rules doesn't mention anything about zombies except with the card. Can you help ?

Thx

First you kill an agent than you place the zombie. The card does not kill an agent the first time it is played since there is no zombie on the board at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Detailed Card Descriptions (p. 19) says the Zombies placed when playing this card can go in any City boxes (plural) so I assume they can go in different boxes, say one in London and one in Constantinople.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.