Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Most area control games aren't as good with two as with more. HOw is this game any different? I was thinking the curses could help, what else? I wish there was a neutral player to add some one else to attack. I worry this will be too much of a back and forth match with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are benefits of area control, this is not really an area control focused game. If you have 3 or more cultists, and the most on a location, you gain an extra benefit when you go there but in most cases have to remove some of your cutists to use that ability, so you never maintain control for long. Additionally, if you do not have control of a location, you roll a die and if gaining the Cthulhu Head icon you temporarilly gain control for that turn.

Area control is not an issue regardless of the number of players.

Hope this answers your questions.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it all direct conflict or does the game play a big factor to, ie the curse cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The conflict is not very direct, more tending towards the Euro-style. There is a little more direct conflict than, say, Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.