Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Garcia
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I don't play to win, but rather to ensure others have fun. That brings me joy.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play a hero card with a Power on it, then does that power activate immediately since the rules state to do what the card says? Or, does the card just come into play by being placed next to your hero without "activating" the power - which will in turn cause you to go to the next part of your turn Choose A Power?

I searched for it in the errata and found nothing. I feel like I'm cheating by playing a card that has a power printed on it and doing what it says immediately, and then continuing with my turn which would be to activate another power, and finally draw a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your second assumption.

Playing the card, if all it says is "Power: ..." then it's just an alternative power for you to use. There are cards that have both immediate text AND an additional power on them. For those, you do everything before the "Power" text and then can choose to use the power at some point in the future (during a power phase of this or a future turn).

Off the top of my head, Ra has several, and there are many ongoings with the "Power: Destroy this card." text that means you can have the effect listed on the card until you CHOOSE to end it by expending a power.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja'd, Scott is absolutely correct. And more eloquent than me

No, think of playing a Power card as "equipping" it. You Play the card into your area, then you may use that Power or another one of your choice that is already in your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thought about that before. It's really the same thing as Argent Adept's ongoings: you don't automatically activate the perform or accompany texts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Garcia
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I don't play to win, but rather to ensure others have fun. That brings me joy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks tons guys! The game really is simple to understand, and most often, one can understand the premise of the cards and what the developer intended with each hero. I love that it's thematic in that sense. I just wish I didn't read too deeply into each phrased card. robotzombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A mantra we often use about t questions: the game is very literal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.