Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

Hey fellas,

Bought a couple of games for the TCS system and starting to dive into the rules. Lol, I have to say i've learned the "GOSS" system, ASL, and "Line of Battle" system much easier then i'm learning this system. Not sure why it's not sticking. Anyway I have some questions:

1. I love this whole order (command) system, but do i have to create an OP sheet for every time i want my units to move?

2. So in general anytime i like to do something, anything i have to create an OP sheet if not my units just sit still?

3. If i'm being attack do i need an op sheet to shoot back?

4. Very important, can i create let's say (3) three OP sheets in advance, one being to move to a location and when i get to location roll for my next OP sheet to attack and if i win roll for my third i had done to defend. Is this allowed?

Thanks fellas for any help

Love to do a trial run on vassal/skype as a playthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Strader
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:

Anyway I have some questions:

1. I love this whole order (command) system, but do i have to create an OP sheet for every time i want my units to move?

2. So in general anytime i like to do something, anything i have to create an OP sheet if not my units just sit still?

4. Very important, can i create let's say (3) three OP sheets in advance, one being to move to a location and when i get to location roll for my next OP sheet to attack and if i win roll for my third i had done to defend. Is this allowed?

Hi Clay, I am sure the gurus will chime in soon, but I will offer a couple of answers to get you going. First, do yourself a favor and watch the Lee Forester videos on YouTube. He introduces the rules and uses CC for his examples.

1. No. The Op Sheet specifies a mission. A set of units are assigned to the mission and the Op Sheet stays in effect until the mission is achieved or fails. See 6.11. Movement over many turns can occur in support of the mission, no need for an Op Sheet for each move.

2. The answer is here based more on whether the units you want to do something with are assigned to an active Op Sheet. It is the units who are unassigned who have significant restrictions on what they can do / not do. See 6.3.

3. Again, this depends on assigned / unassigned. Unassigned units generally can only fire back via an Overwatch trigger; assigned units have a broader range of fire options.

4. A qualified yes. Again, the Op Sheets are tied more toward mission success / failure. You certainly can have an option percolating in the background to do something different. The example in the RB is something like: OP Sheet 1 - take a hill; Op Sheet 2 - defend it after you have taken it. Note that the Op Sheet types are discrete. The example would be attack / hasty defense. Also be aware that the Op Sheets you have in reserve cannot be played exactly when you choose to do so. There is a game mechanic called "Weighted Turns." This represents the time it takes to prepare the plan. After it has accrued enough time, a dice roll is needed for it to become active. See 6.9d.

Good luck! Hope you have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
resinaus wrote:
claystone wrote:

Anyway I have some questions:

Hi Clay, I am sure the gurus will chime in soon, but I will offer a couple of answers to get you going. First, do yourself a favor and watch the Lee Forester videos on YouTube. He introduces the rules and uses CC for his examples.

1. No. The Op Sheet specifies a mission. A set of units are assigned to the mission and the Op Sheet stays in effect until the mission is achieved or fails. See 6.11. Movement over many turns can occur in support of the mission, no need for an Op Sheet for each move.

2. The answer is here based more on whether the units you want to do something with are assigned to an active Op Sheet. It is the units who are unassigned who have significant restrictions on what they can do / not do. See 6.3.

3. Again, this depends on assigned / unassigned. Unassigned units generally can only fire back via an Overwatch trigger; assigned units have a broader range of fire options.

4. A qualified yes. Again, the Op Sheets are tied more toward mission success / failure. You certainly can have an option percolating in the background to do something different. The example in the RB is something like: OP Sheet 1 - take a hill; Op Sheet 2 - defend it after you have taken it. Note that the Op Sheet types are discrete. The example would be attack / hasty defense. Also be aware that the Op Sheets you have in reserve cannot be played exactly when you choose to do so. There is a game mechanic called "Weighted Turns." This represents the time it takes to prepare the plan. After it has accrued enough time, a dice roll is needed for it to become active. See 6.9d.

Good luck! Hope you have fun.

Thanks Randy,

Yes i just notice his youtube video along with "MJL" video as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
#1-3: Rule 6.3 addresses most of this.

#4: You didn't specify whether you're talking about a single group of units, or three separate groups of units. If it's a single group of units, 6.7c answers your question. However, you should also look at 6.14a. So, that answer to your question is "No, but sort of yes." It also depends on what you mean by "create," which Randy alludes to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.