Anyway I have some questions:
1. I love this whole order (command) system, but do i have to create an OP sheet for every time i want my units to move?
2. So in general anytime i like to do something, anything i have to create an OP sheet if not my units just sit still?
3. If i'm being attack do i need an op sheet to shoot back?
4. Very important, can i create let's say (3) three OP sheets in advance, one being to move to a location and when i get to location roll for my next OP sheet to attack and if i win roll for my third i had done to defend. Is this allowed?
Hi Clay, I am sure the gurus will chime in soon, but I will offer a couple of answers to get you going. First, do yourself a favor and watch the Lee Forester videos on YouTube. He introduces the rules and uses CC for his examples.
1. No. The Op Sheet specifies a mission. A set of units are assigned to the mission and the Op Sheet stays in effect until the mission is achieved or fails. See 6.11. Movement over many turns can occur in support of the mission, no need for an Op Sheet for each move.
2. The answer is here based more on whether the units you want to do something with are assigned to an active Op Sheet. It is the units who are unassigned who have significant restrictions on what they can do / not do. See 6.3.
3. Again, this depends on assigned / unassigned. Unassigned units generally can only fire back via an Overwatch trigger; assigned units have a broader range of fire options.
4. A qualified yes. Again, the Op Sheets are tied more toward mission success / failure. You certainly can have an option percolating in the background to do something different. The example in the RB is something like: OP Sheet 1 - take a hill; Op Sheet 2 - defend it after you have taken it. Note that the Op Sheet types are discrete. The example would be attack / hasty defense. Also be aware that the Op Sheets you have in reserve cannot be played exactly when you choose to do so. There is a game mechanic called "Weighted Turns." This represents the time it takes to prepare the plan. After it has accrued enough time, a dice roll is needed for it to become active. See 6.9d.
Good luck! Hope you have fun.