Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you choose to Snitch and you reveal your Identity Card to an unexposed player, that player has to keep your identity secret, correct? They can't tell the other players who you are, right?

2. Can you choose the Snitch action if your own identity is already exposed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
jmmowery wrote:
1. If you choose to Snitch and you reveal your Identity Card to an unexposed player, that player has to keep your identity secret, correct? They can't tell the other players who you are, right?

They can tell anyone if they choose, but they'll probably want to keep it to themselves so they can get the bonus wallets for Exposing. Snitch is very risky and mainly useful for the end game final guess if you can't get into your target's row or column to use the Expose action.

jmmowery wrote:

2. Can you choose the Snitch action if your own identity is already exposed?

Nope, only unexposed players can use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Snitch action still possible in a 2-player game? I'm assuming that you'd reveal your identity to your opponent, but since your character tile would still remain on the unexposed side, your opponent would then have to expose you to win, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Yeah, in a 2-player game, the Snitch action is a "Hail Mary" to win the game. If you're right, you win; If you're wrong, your opponent does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are saying that, in a 2-player game, if you snitch and you are incorrect, you IMMEDIATELY lose the game?

It seems that, after snitching, even though your opponent knows your identity, he/she would still have to use a future turn(s) to move into the same column or row as you and take the expose action in order to win. If this is not the case, then the resolution of snitching is different in a 2-player game than it is at all other player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmowery wrote:
So you are saying that, in a 2-player game, if you snitch and you are incorrect, you IMMEDIATELY lose the game?

It seems that, after snitching, even though your opponent knows your identity, he/she would still have to use a future turn(s) to move into the same column or row as you and take the expose action in order to win. If this is not the case, then the resolution of snitching is different in a 2-player game than it is at all other player counts.

Technically you would. Since your opponent would immediately take the snitch action.

Understand that when you snitch you don't expose yourself. You just show your UNEXPOSED card to an UNEXPOSED player. Then you put your card back in the state it was in, i.e. unexposed/facedown.

So your opponent is free to snitch on you if you fail on your snitch action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. True.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Uzar
Croatia
Rijeka
flag msg tools
mb
Continuing in this thread, I have a question about snitch action.

Rules say:
"Choose any unexposed Guest tile and flip it its exposed side.
Choose an unexposed player and show them your Identity card."

Can these actions be executed other way around?
What I mean is, show your Identity to unexposed player and then (correctly) guess his Identity. But as Brian said earlier, other player could tell your Identity so in that case everybody would know.

EDIT:
Just read in other thread that reference cards have it correctly written. Well, that answers my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.