Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the factions are uneven, say 3 loyalists against 1 restorationist (or vice versa), is the game somehow still balanced?...or is it then more difficult for the player who is outnumbered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because they can't just beat up the one who is alone. It isn't a co-op. They are still playing against everyone on their team as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Sirois
Canada
Quebec City
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It can even be an advantage to be alone on your side given the player who has the lowest number of VPs at the end of the game will bring a penalty of 5 VP to all his teammates.

K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've played this at every configuration and I haven't found any balance issues. Some of my favorite matches have been 3v1s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
... so then I presume that in games where you're the only member of "your team" (faction), you'll always have the lowest score of that "team by default, meaning you'll always start the game essentially playing with a 5 point deficit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
so then I presume that in games where you're the only member of "your team" (faction), you'll always have the lowest score of that "team by default, meaning you'll always start the game essentially playing with a 5 point deficit?

The deficit only applies to the team with the member with the lowest score in the game. So, if you are a lone Loyalist, but one of the Restorationist was in last place overall, all the Restorationist players will lose 5 points.

So, just don't be last overall and all the other players will lose 5 points.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Quote:
so then I presume that in games where you're the only member of "your team" (faction), you'll always have the lowest score of that "team by default, meaning you'll always start the game essentially playing with a 5 point deficit?

The deficit only applies to the team with the member with the lowest score in the game. So, if you are a lone Loyalist, but one of the Restorationist was in last place overall, all the Restorationist players will lose 5 points.

So, just don't be last overall and all the other players will lose 5 points.

Kevin

And that's the reason why it is balanced. After the single player gets some points, the other team can not only focus on this player but also has to help other players in the same team out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to hear your thoughts...how do you "help others" in this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t think it really happens (to help other players during a game).

And about the balance issue asked, it is interesting to note that depending on how the cards are dealt, there may be a lot more Restorationist points available, since every city will always have a Royalty figure card to come and there may be fewer Loyalist points available.
If the Loyalist player doesn´t manage to get the neutral points, he might not have many cards where to get points from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmowery wrote:

Don't fight for points your teammates could get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Heffernan
Australia
flag msg tools
jmmowery wrote:

By screwing someone else instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.