tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even Breitbart's "we think the polls are cheating Trump" poll had Trump down by 5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
This is remarkable, but not in a good way. Watch the first 30sec:

Remarkable?

SAYS WHO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so here's the bizarre part. i was listening to Trumps new Milwaukee speech and thinking the exact opposite of what this angry guy is saying.

All of trump's mannerisms were gone. He sounded like any other candidate reading off a teleprompter. Not one "everybody says" or "lots of people know", etc. etc.

I thought okay, they've gotten thru to him that he's to read the script and stay on the script because things are so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That response though. I think the anchor handled it pretty well, How do you respond to someone who sounds like the next words will be 'You wanna fight about it?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

maxo-texas wrote:
Okay, so here's the bizarre part. i was listening to Trumps new Milwaukee speech and thinking the exact opposite of what this angry guy is saying.

All of trump's mannerisms were gone. He sounded like any other candidate reading off a teleprompter. Not one "everybody says" or "lots of people know", etc. etc.

I thought okay, they've gotten thru to him that he's to read the script and stay on the script because things are so bad.

You're emphasizing style over substance entirely too much just because Since Trump only took some baby steps in the general direction of acting more like a mainstream candidate, you're carrying on about it entirely too much without regard for the atrocious substance of what he was spewing from his mouth, scapegoating Hillary Clinton for practically every ill of society under the sun.

So, please don't feel obligated to grade Trump on a curve at this late stage of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what are you guys saying? I'm supposed to change my vote because of a poll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Sarxis wrote:
So what are you guys saying? I'm supposed to change my vote because of a poll?

…No. The clip makes the purpose of bringing up the polls pretty clear--it's a way to set up the anchor's question about what prompted the change in staffing. The guest objected to the characterizations of it as a response to Trump's current position; the act of a desperate campaign which is trailing very seriously. The anchor clearly expected the guest to acknowledge the obvious truth that when what you're doing is making you lose, winners change their strategy. Instead of spinning it as the sort of thing winners do all the time, the guest seemed not only to be unwilling to acknowledge the absolutely consensus view, his response was bizarrely immature.

I don't even think it reflects anything Trump wouldn't happily acknowledge--that he thinks political professionals largely don't know what they're doing, so he's hiring people who do things very differently. That his counsel would react in a way which seems unprofessional to people used to political professionals just tells us he's following through. If watching this guy and imagining a Supreme Court justice or Attorney General reacting in a similarly pugnacious, reality-averse way bothers you, that might persuade you not to vote for Trump. But if you were happy voting for Trump before, I doubt you're fussed about it, so no, nobody's trying to change your vote. We're all just patting one another on the back for recognizing and opposing this kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, BTW, this guy is also the one who said spousal rape can't happen:

Quote:
Muchael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

He's a bit out of date on that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Oh, BTW, this guy is also the one who said spousal rape can't happen:

Quote:
Muchael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

He's a bit out of date on that...
Hold on, really surely this is a joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Well he is a lawyer, which means he makes technical statements which are awful all the time.

Presumably this was about one of his now ex-wives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's more detail:

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/07/donald-trumps-lawyer-m...

It was in regard to a statement Ivana Trump made, which she later recanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
When the best Trump can show is a poll with him trailing Clinton...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to mention that this is a Zogby Internet poll. The results and methodology of these polls has led Nate Silver to call Zogby the worst pollster in the world. These polls either are or might as well be designed to make things look better for Republicans than they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Well he is a lawyer, which means he makes technical statements which are awful all the time.

He went to Cooley. He barely qualifies as a lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
well if this asshole is running Donny's campaign no wonder it's floundering. For fuck's sake he should not be allowed to talk to anyone in the media ever.

He's just Trump's lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
This is remarkable, but not in a good way. Watch the first 30sec:

In a indication of how truly delusional the people around him are, this guy is actually bragging about how he "controlled the interview" with that comment

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/18/says-who-top-trump-aide-melt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.