United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Just got my copy and combed through the rules, and had a few questions:

1) I'm finding the Dragon Pride spaces confusing. Can I remove any of the 6 cubes when I don't move that turn, or can I only remove the one cube next to that statement? Basically, are 2 of the options only usable once a game?

2) Regarding the Dragon's Wakefulness, when does a row of stats become active? Is it when the rows above have been completely filled? So after placing the very first cube on the track, he will have 4 spirit? Not sure if you have to "start" a cube on the row to make it usable and that shield icon on the first space is like a freebie.

3) Are the Cave's omen tiles open information?

I'm looking forward to playing soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Just got my copy and combed through the rules, and had a few questions:

1) I'm finding the Dragon Pride spaces confusing. Can I remove any of the 6 cubes when I don't move that turn, or can I only remove the one cube next to that statement? Basically, are 2 of the options only usable once a game?

2) Regarding the Dragon's Wakefulness, when does a row of stats become active? Is it when the rows above have been completely filled? So after placing the very first cube on the track, he will have 4 spirit? Not sure if you have to "start" a cube on the row to make it usable and that shield icon on the first space is like a freebie.

I'm looking forward to playing soon!
From what I've gathered reading through the rules, the forums, and playing through a couple times:

1. You can remove 1 of the 6 cubes in Pride per turn. If you reveal an event, you can remove one of the four cubes in that row. OR if you don't move, you can remove the cube from the "don't move" spot. OR if you place a gem when another is already on the board, you can remove the "place another gem" cube. Once you move the two special single cubes, those two spots are vacant unless you relocate other sloth cubes onto them using one of your Dragon powers.

2. I believe it's when a cube is placed in the row that those stats are used.

3. We played that they are since there is a location on the Dragon mat for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
The three categories under Pride are separate, so you can clear up to 4 by finding event tiles, 1 for not moving, and 1 for placing an additional gem. You can only remove 1 cube from the entire Pride section per turn.

To use the single spaces more than once (or the event tile space more than four times), you can use the Slither ability to move other cubes into those spaces.

Quote:
The stats for each row become active as soon as you have at least one cube in that row, so the Dragon's spirit first increases to 4 when you add a cube to the 2 spot.

The space with the shield is not used, so the first cube you move to wakefulness goes in the 1 spot. We're looking into a good way to make it more clear that you don't place cubes on the shield space (the Knight has a similar issue with her stats, as discussed in another thread).

Quote:
Yes, the Cave's current Omen tokens are open information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply! The Dragon Wakefulness track thing was very surprising to me actually.

A couple questions about dividing the map:

1) What does dividing the map mean? Just when 2 sections are no longer connected via adjacent tiles?

2) Does the Cave player also slide the map together if they divide the map during The Collapse?

3) When the map is divided and the player has to slide them together, do they get to choose what direction this happens, and do they slide until at least one tile from each section is adjacent? See examples below, like the yellow tiles could either be slid left or down if the tile with the red X was removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
A couple questions about dividing the map:

1) What does dividing the map mean? Just when 2 sections are no longer connected via adjacent tiles?
Players can only move orthogonally (not diagonally*) across edges, so any time that tile removal separates the map in a way that makes moving from one area to another impossible for any player, it has to be reconnected. Corner-to-corner contact is not enough.

*The Underworm (Monster) allows a Goblin tribe to move diagonally, but that's an exception and is currently the only way it's possible.

Quote:
2) Does the Cave player also slide the map together if they divide the map during The Collapse?
Following the guidelines for removing tiles it's unlikely for the map to be separated while collapsing, but if it does happen, the current player has to slide the map back together to connect what's left.

Quote:
3) When the map is divided and the player has to slide them together, do they get to choose what direction this happens, and do they slide until at least one tile from each section is adjacent? See examples below, like the yellow tiles could either be slid left or down if the tile with the red X was removed?

Great diagrams!
The player that caused the separation gets to choose how it gets slid back together. In both of your examples, after removing the tile with the X, the entire block of yellow tiles could be moved one space horizontally OR vertically to reconnect it to the white block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.