Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everyone! I had this cool idea recently, a bit inspired by Civil War and wanting to make more Villain cards like my Red Skull (Shameless plug: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1567591/red-skull-playable-...)

With this, please keep in mind:
- I don't have the Civil War expansion. So I have no experiance playing Divided Heroes.
- I wanted both halves to be good enough on their own, so you could essentially ignore the other half (for custom stories and whatnot. After all, why would Dr. Connors help the Sinister Six??)
- I haven't finalized the art. For now, I'd personally prefer matching art vs disjointed art styles. And this is to make sure the card's work first. I'll gladly take any art suggestions!! Especially for the Rare!!!

To work well with Spidey, I aimed to make the commons be 2 cost.

Let me know what you guys think!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
This is a damn great divided card, and not overly complex, but also not simple.

I've only had a quick look at it, but I easily catch the idea behind them, and must say bravo sir/madam!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!! I've been trying to balance his cards for weeks now, but I think I'm really happy with this set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Well done!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Your concept is dynamite. Bravo!

I have couple things to nitpick about, however.

1) You could easily shorten your first common's names to simply Hurt and Heal.

2) They'd look better with more art. I suspect you just ran out of time or couldn't find some images that pleased you.

3) The first three cards' sizes should be changed. Actual divided cards have two cards in the amount of space of a normal one.

4) I'd give the Rare a small base Recruit and Attack for those unusual occasions where it comes out before the commons or uncommon cards do and someone could be stuck with a seven cost card that does almost nothing for him/her. Also, if it comes out before the other wound-giving cards get played again (Rogue's Copy Powers could do this easily), the card would give zero Recruit or Attack then, too. Recall that Ghost Rider's rare gives a base three Attack if there are no villains to KO from stacks.

To repeat myself, the concept behind the cards is fantastic. These should issues should be easy to fix (I can't make cards so I'm not sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!!
Tsallak wrote:
1) You could easily shorten your first common's names to simply Hurt and Heal.

You're right, I could. Not sure which one I like more.

Tsallak wrote:
2) They'd look better with more art. I suspect you just ran out of time or couldn't find some images that pleased you.

Well, like I said in the intro, I wanted to see what everyone thought of the abilities. So I posted this as soon as I could. Haven't found consistent art I like yet, but I will update when I do!

Tsallak wrote:
3) The first three cards' sizes should be changed. Actual divided cards have two cards in the amount of space of a normal one.

I thought so to, so I tested it by uploading it (with the Legedit bleed added) to CowCow and ArtsCow (where I normally print from) and it fit really well!

Tsallak wrote:
4) I'd give the Rare a small base Recruit and Attack for those unusual occasions where it comes out before the commons or uncommon cards do and someone could be stuck with a seven cost card that does almost nothing for him/her. Also, if it comes out before the other wound-giving cards get played again (Rogue's Copy Powers could do this easily), the card would give zero Recruit or Attack then, too. Recall that Ghost Rider's rare gives a base three Attack if there are no villains to KO from stacks.

You are absolutely right. What would you think is fair? 2 for both? 3?

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll work harder on finding images and see what I can do about the card sizes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I think starting with 3 for each would make sense. It's a number that should be subject to change and play-testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really like this one. Good job! Also great use of the divided mechanic. Unlike most of the ones in the actual set, this one fits perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated the Rare! Seeing as you can send all the Wounds/Bindings back for one big attack, I think 3 of each works best for it to be useful when you haven't been able to KO any Wounds or Bindings. Definitely play-testing is needed tho!

And thanks, Daniel! I thought the idea was too good to pass up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Lizard is definitely an ideal candidate for divided cards, as for most of the characters' lives one aided Spider-Man and the other wanted to eat him or something like that.

Maybe Legion (Professor X's insane son) would be a good choice, too, as he had multiple personalities with different powers and possibly goals, but Lizard is far more important to the Marvel universe. There are probably 20 X-Men foes that should be made cards before Legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.