Subject: Deluxe 50th Anniversary Limited Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I saw on amazon about a deluxe edition for Star Trek Panic with an "Official Enterprise Model". I assumed it would be like a nice plastic miniature of the Enterprise included in this deluxe edition. However, the pictures shown is just the standard game. Is the seller just trying to rip people off, or did they put the wrong picture? They are charging almost double by the way.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Panic-Aniversary-Enterprise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the back of the [EDIT: standard] game box [EDIT: which contains the cardboard model], you can see in the yellow splash it says "Includes USS Enterprise ship model". So if there is any deception going on with the wording, it's by the publisher, rather than that seller. Of course, the ridiculous price is shady on the seller's part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The back of that box looks exactly like my standard edition. Yellow splash and all. The included model is the cardboard one.
That said, I'm thinking about making a 3d printed one for that game that will fit the damage tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it seems this amazon seller is trying to fool buyers.
err404 wrote:
I'm thinking about making a 3d printed one for that game that will fit the damage tokens.
That sounds amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Masters
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
So my wife bought this for me this week for my birthday. Being the long time gamer I am, as soon are I opened the Amazon box I know something was wrong. This is the base game. In fact neither Fireside Games or USAopoly say anything about a deluxe edition on their shops or blogs. And considering they just got back from Gencon at the beginning of the month, you would think there would be some news on something like that. So I contacted the company and requested the reimburse the difference between this none existing deluxe edition and the basic game. I just thought I would let you know.

Salcor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how that goes. Is that a "buy from Amazon" or someone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
salcor wrote:
So I contacted the company and requested the reimburse the difference between this none existing deluxe edition and the basic game.

Yes, please let us know what happens. I suspect the answer will be: "What you got is the only available edition. Do you want to keep it or get a refund?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David White
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I have accounts for both Amazon and Ebay and find that "if" Amazon has the same item that's on Ebay it almost always costs much much more.As per the 50th Anniversary version your talking about,a quick look at the provided pictures should let you know what's being included.Just stick with Ebay,more choices of the same product and much better prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.