Subject: Crafting Gear? (in relation to expansion/promo gear) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
I've been reading through the forum posts and it seems like a few of the promo cards have a crafting recipe on the back of the cards
And it seems like everyone knows where or how to craft them but being new to the game, i dont exactly know how one goes about doing this

I only started till lantern year 4, for these gear with recipes on the back, will we eventually stumble upon some innovation or special settlement location that will allow us to craft these special gears?

If so, then i might be interested in picking up some promos
But if any expansions are needed then maybe i will be less keen as i dont think we may add in expansion monsters as yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were just talking about this earlier today. As far as I know, there are no rules for where you craft the promo items that have recipes, or how you introduce the promo items that don't. So I suppose you can attach them to whatever makes sense storywise.

I can't remember if anything requires expansion bits off the top of my head, but I want to say no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
some promos are from events, some have recipes, which sometimes include innovations. All come with how to get them, with the exception of:
-one of the vagabond armor set, which implies an unreleased expansion requirement
-the twilight knight lanterns (no source)
-the sunstalker lantern (ditto)
-the white speaker sword/gun (ditto)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
spiralingcadaver wrote:
some promos are from events, some have recipes, which sometimes include innovations. All come with how to get them, with the exception of:
-one of the vagabond armor set, which implies an unreleased expansion requirement
-the twilight knight lanterns (no source)
-the sunstalker lantern (ditto)
-the white speaker sword/gun (ditto)

So you're saying, if i buy the promo cards, they will come with rules on how to obtain said cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, other than those, I believe (unless I forgot something) all are immediately able to be incorporated into the core game, and will just take the right event or other prerequisites to make them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam

Indiana
msg tools
mb
I'm thinking, that if someone rolls a seven on the debris terrain chart, they get to gain a random uncraftable promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.