Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan Chamberlain
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in the Campaign if all my (player) characters die? The rules don't say anything about that that I can find.
1. Does it just reset the current Episode? (For example, we all die in the Safe Episode, do we start over in Safe again?)
2. Reset to the beginning of the 3-Episode-set that I'm in? (For example, we all die in the Safe Episode, do we start over in the Bushwacked Episode? And if so, what do we reset...strikes/upgrades/cards in our decks?)
3. Or do you have to start all over from the beginning? (For example, we all die in the Safe Episode, do we start over in the Serenity (A) Episode as if starting a new game?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
from the rulebook section describing Campaign mode:
Quote:
Each time you lose a game, reset everything normally when setting up for the next game. (Note: Losing a game will affect your final Campaign Score.)

So if you lost (either though all player characters being defeated at the same time, or by Serenity blowing up due to ship strikes), then you will start the next game without any ship upgrades, ship strikes, or crew strikes. But you will have earned less (or no) campaign "points" for the game you lost.

Of course, unless you're in some sort of sanctioned tournament (if there even is such a thing), really you can set up your campaign however you think will be most enjoyable. As long as everyone in your game group agrees. For instance, if you lose an episode, you could require repeating that episode until you succeed (or at least survive), or you could require starting over with that particular game (3-episode set), starting over with fresh decks; prior to moving on to the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Chamberlain
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I thought that line in the rules only referred to losing due to failing objectives for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Johansson
msg tools
Just wanna know what happens when you lose episode A or B from a team-wipe, Serenity explosion.

Do you heal your characters, remove Serenity upgrades and ship strikes but keep recruited cards in your deck and continue with the next episode.

Or do you fail the whole game including episodes not yet played and reset for the next three episodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarm R'keeg

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I second the question. If you all die or the ship explodes on a B mission, for instance, do you:
1. Go back to the start of the cycle (the A mission of the set).
2. Go back to the start of the B mission and try again.
3. Count the episode lost (but not the game) and move on to the C mission.
4. Count the game lost, skip the C mission, and play the next 'trilogy' of episodes (i.e. start at the next unplayed A mission).

And if option #2 or #3, do you keep your deck, or reset that along with crew strikes, ship strikes, and upgrades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
iirc, the game would be considered lost and you'd have to replay it, losing those sweet, sweet Serenity upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is #4.

If you lose a game, you reset everything and play the next game. So playing through a Campaign will always involve playing exactly 5 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.