Subject: Tank Strength and defense factor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

So the rule states when making a P-Fire attack you subtract the lowest fire strength from the highest defensive strength. My question is:

1. When making a Area attack we are allowed to times the steps in the unit times the fire power to get our true fire strength. Do we do the same for P-Fire?

ie: I have a (3) step sherman attacking a (2) step panther. The sherman is a (3) fire and the panther is a (5) defense. Since it's three shermans against two panthers, shouldn't it be (15) fire strength of the sherman since it's 3 of them against (10) defensive strength of the panther since there is only two panthers?

2. During P-Fire attacks as the attacker i'm allowed to choose who i'm attacking. If that is the case why would my opponent be able to pick the highest defense strength unit if i'm shooting at one specific unit?

How many units in the hex am i allowed to shoot at with one counter?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
1. No. Per 12.0, step c, the number of firers determines the column that you use. More firing units = more potential for causing losses. The P-Fire strength / P-defense difference provides column shifts in the same way that that terrain does. If it affected both the base column and the column shift, you'd have double-dipping. Besides, having more Panthers in proximity to each other doesn't make them individually better protected: you don't inflict DE results that eliminate all units in the hex in TCS, you inflict step losses.

2. Re-read 12.0 step b. You may also be mentally adding words to 12.1c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.