Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: These are the final results of the 2016 Highscore list. Congratulations to all title holders! A new thread with a new solo challenge will be uploaded today, so stay tuned!

Hi everyone! I hereby declare this the solo Highscore List for Terraforming Mars. If you get a higher score than that which is presented for the same corporation, comment and I will add your name to the list. Enjoy, and may the best terraformer hold the most titles!

RULES: Only submit your score if you won the solo game (that is, completed terraforming before the end of the 14th generation) with the base game + Corporate Era cards. Promo cards are allowed, but no expansions (prototypes).

Beginner Corporation: 154p -
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb

CrediCor: 161p -
Ritch King
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb

Ecoline: 126p -
Joao Duarte
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Helion: 158p -
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb

Interplanetary Cinematics: 128p -
Francesco Grimaldi
Italy
Limbiate
Monza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Inventrix: 132p -
Matt Random
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mb

Mining Guild: 124p -
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PhoboLog: 164p -
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Saturn Systems: 154p -
Shiloh Madsen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools

Teractor: 155p -
Peter Waldner
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb

Tharsis Republic: 163p -
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb

ThorGate: 114p -
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

UNMI: 134p -
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo Highscores
Mining Guild - 78 VP

UNMI - 83 VP

[edit: memory error, Mining Guild was 78 VP per post]

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23452038#23452038
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I have updated. Also added my score on Tharsis Republic: 101p that I finished 5 minutes ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a really high score (congratulations) - don't think I'll ever be able to match that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to beat your Mining Guild score. I had an incredible amount of both steel and titanium production (12 and 6 respectively), and Advanced Alloys on top of that, but I couldn't max out the oxygen before it ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the cities going. Once you do succeed with Tharsis Republic, you will usually get a lot of points on the map (unless you've skipped the city theme altogether). I played 7 cities in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
I played 7 cities in total.

That's a lot - I've had games where I've constructed zero cities because I've been scrambling and spending money to lower one of the three parameters.

If one doesn't get their engine up and running early, it's really tough to catch-up on VP's (let alone win by Generation 14).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
I got the cities going. Once you do succeed with Tharsis Republic, you will usually get a lot of points on the map (unless you've skipped the city theme altogether). I played 7 cities in total.

When I played Tharsis Republic I constructed 4 cities, one of which was the Capital. Only got 85 points though, and that was without using the CE cards.

I scored 70 with Thorgate and CE cards, but that's not enough to beat the posted high score. It's back to work for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hasse
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten 80 with Teractor and 81 with Thorgate. My first solo game was with Helion and I only got around 55, but I don't know the exact score.

I also got 110 with Saturn Systems, but it doesn't count because I realized halfway through I forgot to take ownership of a special tile, which meant my first greenery was placed illegally. That game was going so well too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ehasse wrote:
I realized halfway through I forgot to take ownership of a special tile, which meant my first greenery was placed illegally.

That could be a common mistake Erik as players forget that greenery must be placed next to a tile they already own (including the special tiles).

Have seen it several times in my group play, but fortunately we caught it in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I updated the highscores so that your scores are shown. Congratulations on the first title takeover. You are the new champion of ThorGate, Erik. Well played!

I just finished 2 more solo games, though, so I am still the holder of most titles 70p with CrediCor and 89p with PhoboLog. I love that the solo game is quite quick. It always plays in less than an hour for me. Now I played 2 solo games in 1h 10min (not counting setup for the first game, but still some kind of record, I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just scored 93 with Saturn Systems. On the last generation I played Livestock, Advanced Ecosystems and Ganymede Colony (with 7 Jovian tags). I needed the animal tag from Livestock to play Advanced Ecosystems. That was 11 points from three cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
OK, I updated the highscores so that your scores are shown. Congratulations on the first title takeover. You are the new champion of ThorGate, Erik. Well played!

I just finished 2 more solo games, though, so I am still the holder of most titles 70p with CrediCor and 89p with PhoboLog.

Gotta do something about that. I just played my 2 first regular solo plays without prototype expansions in a long time, so let's ramp it up a little:

PhoboLog: 108p (Asteroid Mining and Industrial Center first generation!)
ThorGate: 90p (drew many power tags, and got the Equatorial Magnetizer in the midgame)

Sorry, Erik and Jonathan - you'll have to do better arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Lord_Aethan wrote:

I just finished 2 more solo games, though, so I am still the holder of most titles 70p with CrediCor and 89p with PhoboLog.

Gotta do something about that. I just played my 2 first regular solo plays without prototype expansions in a long time, so let's ramp it up a little:

PhoboLog: 108p (Asteroid Mining and Industrial Center first generation!)
ThorGate: 90p (drew many power tags, and got the Equatorial Magnetizer in the midgame)

Sorry, Erik and Jonathan - you'll have to do better arrrh

Just finished my first solo game. Phobolog: 106. So close!

Such a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I SO want to get my copy to get in on this!!!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helion: 90

After a rough start, Steelworks helped fund buildings and raise the oxygen levels. Lucky finds of Security Fleet and Interstellar Colony Ship helped overcome Flooding and Indentured Workers.

Solo is addictive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last one until next weekend.

Teractor: 90

Just barely finished terraforming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this thread, which is an awesome idea.

Sadly, I played a solo as UNMI, and scored exactly 83, the other day, so I can't really replace the current leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game as Ecoline, and scored 109, easily my best score yet.

I was a little more experienced, so I took the time to get out some animal cards, which got me 12, and I played four cities of my own, putting out a lot of greenery tiles.

This game is very fun in solo. I hope to get to play it with actual people one day, as the gameplay has to be very different. I think I will still like it a lot, though.

I have determined that Interplanetary Cinematics is a difficult corporation to master. I scored a mere 65 points in a loss. I never got anything going with that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised to see so little action on this thread, but maybe everyone is having trouble beating the scores?

Sadly, my recent attempts have not only failed to beat the top scores, but they have failed to even win the scenario. I have been working on the corporations with either no score, or low scores, but maybe these ones are just tough to beat in solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
I am surprised to see so little action on this thread, but maybe everyone is having trouble beating the scores?

Sadly, my recent attempts have not only failed to beat the top scores, but they have failed to even win the scenario. I have been working on the corporations with either no score, or low scores, but maybe these ones are just tough to beat in solo.

I share your pain, brother. I just played two games today and I failed to get all three milestones. This is tougher than I thought it was going to be.!!! cry

I first tried it just for kicks with the beginner corp, no go. Next game for real was with the mining guild, did somewhat better but still struggled.

Have to say though, this might have become my favorite board game of all time. Because I love the theme and just love how it really is easy to pay but REALLY tough to master, as I am learning. Going to be playing it again and again in solo and hopefully with some others as well!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit Life
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a 72 with Credicor. At the bottom of this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
I just saw this thread, which is an awesome idea.

Sadly, I played a solo as UNMI, and scored exactly 83, the other day, so I can't really replace the current leader.

Some losses, some lower scores. One to add I didn't think was good enough:

Inventrix 83
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work, guys! So now I only hold one highscore... I'd better go play some more. Maybe take the Interplanetary Cinematics score...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be adding my new scores for Interplanetary Cinematics (74) and Mining Guild (79), where I beat you by 1 point, Steve Carey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.