Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the dragon have to be on a crystal tile with a crystal token to surface? Or, is the crystal breaking simply a result of the dragon surfacing when there's a crystal token present?

We ended up playing it as the former in a Knight vs. Dragon game. The Knight had barely gotten an extra grit cube by the time the Dragon woke. Only two crystal tiles had been revealed and as the Knight I smashed them thinking the Dragon wouldn't be able to leave. But, in re-reading the rules it sounds like the crystal token being removed is an consequence of surfacing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9:

Quote:
Once you are awake, you can move from the underground to become surfaced by ending your turn on a Crystal tile. If there is a Crystal token on the tile, it is smashed.

There is no mention of a crystal token as pre-requisite of surfacing.
I don't see how this is not clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can surface through a Crystal tile. If there is a crystal token on the tile, it shatters when the dragon surfaces through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Dragon surface on the same turn as he wakes?

I ended my movement on a treasure chest on a crystal tile. The greed cube I got from the treasure was the last I needed to wake. And my turn was thus ended on a crystal tile so I surfaced. The rules seem to indicate this is OK, but I would not be surprised if the intent is the Dragon wakes on one turn and then must surface on a subsequent turn. So?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Can the Dragon surface on the same turn as he wakes?

I ended my movement on a treasure chest on a crystal tile. The greed cube I got from the treasure was the last I needed to wake. And my turn was thus ended on a crystal tile so I surfaced. The rules seem to indicate this is OK, but I would not be surprised if the intent is the Dragon wakes on one turn and then must surface on a subsequent turn. So?
This is legal.

Figuring out a way to end your movement on a crystal tile on the same turn you get your wake up cube is a powerful late-game strategy for the Dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
This is legal.

Sweet!

It was a lucky play on my part. I flew over to a treasure on a dark tile and then lit it up hoping for a crystal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. I came here searching for an answer to that exact question, and I also was prepared for the 'wake one turn, surface the next' answer. It seems reasonable. But glad to know that I played it correctly (wake/surface all on one turn). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.