Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because we had banished the Viator and sealed the rift in time, this was not the end of the work the Eternal Order of Perseus needed to do. Aaron was away when the next call came in, so myself and Fred were joined by Alex and Helene and we were tasked with finding an ancient urn and removing the curse it was spreading. Prince Behrun had stolen the urn many years ago while escaping from Greece.  Upon opening it, he unleashed the curse and his ship was wrecked on the Island of Eternal Tears and he and his crew transformed into mindless, viscious beasts. We needed to enter the tomb, find the urn, decipher the remedy and cure 8 of the beasts before leaving the tomb with the antidote. Things started well, Alex and Helene were both new to the Order, but were seasoned adventurers and confronted the Tomb's surreal nature with hardly a flinch. We split into two teams and had soon located and subdued half of the Forsaken whilst dealing with the many traps this incarnation of the Tomb sprung on us. The Urn, however, was proving to be elusive and room after room was uncovered with no sign of the artifact.  Time was pressing and I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that we would be too late this time. Finally, the artifact was located and Helene took charge of it, making her way back through the tomb to start curing the subdued Forsaken we had left in our wake. It was then that we heard Alex's cry.  He had fallen into a pit, breaking his leg.  Worse, he had been gravely wounded by a Forsaken and was now infected.  It wouldn't be long before he would succumb to his wounds and turn against us. We had barely managed to cure two Forsaken when we felt the familiar pull of the Arc Controller - the comet was passing out of our range and we were being pulled back to our time.  The debriefing would not go well.  Maybe another team could be sent back and succeed where we had failed.  

This was another great scenario and the two new players loved it.  We realised our mistake - we had been subduing the Forsaken where they appeared rather than luring them to a more central location to deal with in a group - they were just too spread out by the time we eventually found the urn.  I'd added in the Passages & Perils tiles and the shuffle had pushed the story 3 trigger tiles too far away.  Neither did we find a way down to the third level until late on.  It was not our time. Alex loved his adventure - a few turns before the end, we pretty much knew we would run out of time and he was broken, down to 1 movement and infected.  On the very last round he died and returned as a Forsaken.  The condition stated that he was now opposing the rest of the team and would win if we failed which we did at the end of that turn.  He was laughing all the time when he realised this twist and thought it was brilliant. 

I'd got stuck in a trap and lost all my gear and was surrounded by 4 creatures. I put up a good fight, but I would not have lasted more than another couple of rounds. All in all, a great story and Alex and Helene are ready to try another one next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice read. I need to get this game back to the table. My wife and I have been too busy refurbishing our new house, but the Viator waits for no one. We only have 3-4 scenarios left before we take on the final epic adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers My group really enjoyed the campaign although towards the end we were a little bit overpowered and the challenge dropped. Still great fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Just because we had banished the Viator and sealed the rift in time, this was not the end of the work the Eternal Order of Perseus needed to do. Aaron was away when the next call came in, so myself and Fred were joined by Alex and Helene and we were tasked with finding an ancient urn and removing the curse it was spreading. Prince Behrun had stolen the urn many years ago while escaping from Greece.  Upon opening it, he unleashed the curse and his ship was wrecked on the Island of Eternal Tears and he and his crew transformed into mindless, viscious beasts. We needed to enter the tomb, find the urn, decipher the remedy and cure 8 of the beasts before leaving the tomb with the antidote. Things started well, Alex and Helene were both new to the Order, but were seasoned adventurers and confronted the Tomb's surreal nature with hardly a flinch. We split into two teams and had soon located and subdued half of the Forsaken whilst dealing with the many traps this incarnation of the Tomb sprung on us. The Urn, however, was proving to be elusive and room after room was uncovered with no sign of the artifact.  Time was pressing and I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that we would be too late this time. Finally, the artifact was located and Helene took charge of it, making her way back through the tomb to start curing the subdued Forsaken we had left in our wake. It was then that we heard Alex's cry.  He had fallen into a pit, breaking his leg.  Worse, he had been gravely wounded by a Forsaken and was now infected.  It wouldn't be long before he would succumb to his wounds and turn against us. We had barely managed to cure two Forsaken when we felt the familiar pull of the Arc Controller - the comet was passing out of our range and we were being pulled back to our time.  The debriefing would not go well.  Maybe another team could be sent back and succeed where we had failed.  

This was another great scenario and the two new players loved it.  We realised our mistake - we had been subduing the Forsaken where they appeared rather than luring them to a more central location to deal with in a group - they were just too spread out by the time we eventually found the urn.  I'd added in the Passages & Perils tiles and the shuffle had pushed the story 3 trigger tiles too far away.  Neither did we find a way down to the third level until late on.  It was not our time. Alex loved his adventure - a few turns before the end, we pretty much knew we would run out of time and he was broken, down to 1 movement and infected.  On the very last round he died and returned as a Forsaken.  The condition stated that he was now opposing the rest of the team and would win if we failed which we did at the end of that turn.  He was laughing all the time when he realised this twist and thought it was brilliant. 

I'd got stuck in a trap and lost all my gear and was surrounded by 4 creatures. I put up a good fight, but I would not have lasted more than another couple of rounds. All in all, a great story and Alex and Helene are ready to try another one next week.

Thanks so much for sharing your play through! As usual, Loved reading it!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.