$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Scythe: Encounter Promo Pack #2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see 'Scythe: Encounter Promo Pack #2'.

Was there a 'Scythe: Encounter Promo Pack #1' ??

If so, what was it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Wassen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
extatix wrote:

I am a bit confused now.

Which of these is/are included in the KickStarter version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like both packs are included. Though in that case I'm not sure why split all of the stuff into two packs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
On the SM website it said BGG Store will have three different promo packs throughout the year, all of the cards being sold were included in the kickstarter editions (and were also available at retail in the Full Promo pack linked above).

Each pack will have a different set of promo cards - encounters, factory, objective. The promo power dials will not be sold outside of the full promo packs/kickstarter editions.


If you backed Scythe or bought the full promo pack you already have everything currently out. There are two promos I have heard of in the works, a watch it played promo that is linked in expansions and a Dice Tower promo.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
On the SM website it said BGG Store will have three different promo packs throughout the year, all of the cards being sold were included in the kickstarter editions (and were also available at retail in the Full Promo pack linked above).

Each pack will have a different set of promo cards - encounters, factory, objective. The promo power dials will not be sold outside of the full promo packs/kickstarter editions.


If you backed Scythe or bought the full promo pack you already have everything currently out. There are two promos I have heard of in the works, a watch it played promo that is linked in expansions and a Dice Tower promo.


This. The promo pack #2 somehow is the first to surface on bgg, which is understandably a bit confusing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
extatix wrote:


They were also handing out just the first four encounter cards from that pack (the ones not in promo pack 2), at GenCon, upon purchase. At least when I got mine. So that group of four cards might constitute "promo pack 1"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
If you backed Scythe or bought the full promo pack you already have everything currently out.

That is, execept the Lake Encounter #38?

I understood that it was only available for Dice Tower backers $20 and up .. ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter editions of Scythe included all promos designed at that point. They were comprised of the following:

Promo pack 1: encounter cards 29-32
Promo pack 2: encounter cards 33-36
Promo pack 3: objective cards 24-27
Promo pack 4: Factory cards 13-18
Promo pack 5: 3 power dials

We've also mentioned several new promos since then:

Encounter card 37: this is for the next Dice Tower fundraiser. A few months after they deliver their rewards, we'll release this card on the BGG store.

Encounter card 38: This is for the current Watch It Played campaign (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/watch-it-played-season-6-...) Same release schedule as the above card.

2 expansion power dials: We haven't created these yet, but we'll put them on the BGG store sometime in 2017.

$50 metal coins for expansion: We're currently gauging interest for these coins as promos on our future printing request form: https://goo.gl/forms/kbedPP6Omwttl8eG3
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The Kickstarter editions of Scythe included all promos designed at that point. They were comprised of the following:

Promo pack 1: encounter cards 29-32
Promo pack 2: encounter cards 33-36
Promo pack 3: objective cards 24-27
Promo pack 4: Factory cards 13-18
Promo pack 5: 3 power dials

And the hunt begins... shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
bobombsayian wrote:
If you backed Scythe or bought the full promo pack you already have everything currently out.

That is, execept the Lake Encounter #38?

I understood that it was only available for Dice Tower backers $20 and up .. ?


The lake encounter card is the one for the Watch it played fundraiser.
You are right that 20$ backers can chose it as their reward.
But as it will be some time before the promos are sent out, backers do have everything currently out for the moment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Encounter card 37: this is for the next Dice Tower fundraiser. A few months after they deliver their rewards, we'll release this card on the BGG store.


Damn. A Dice Tower KS promo for a game I own... I may have to back at a level that includes promos this year
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.