Subject: Killing Abominations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
I have just received the Hero 1 pack and two characters are showing +1 damage in melee, does this mean that they are able to kill Abominations without using dragon bile?.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are IMO kind of overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this correct, with the right weapon, but you should use them only if you want to make your game a lot easier. I only take these charakters for easy games with noobs .
(sry for the bad english )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies. And Your English is better than my German theonlymad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it's even called out in the rules as one of the base game characters is able to get +1 Damage: Melee too.

Z:BP Rules p18 wrote:
Samson can also achieve <killing an Abomination> at Red Level, using a
Damage 2 Melee weapon in conjunction with his +1 Damage:
Melee Skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theonlymad wrote:
Yes this correct, with the right weapon, but you should use them only if you want to make your game a lot easier. I only take these charakters for easy games with noobs .

Or you could use all of the abominations and all of the necromancers with no restrictions on the number on the board to balance things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
theonlymad wrote:

Or you could use all of the abominations and all of the necromancers with no restrictions on the number on the board to balance things out.
Yeah, we increased the abomination rate and given the 3 damage weapons from NPC1 and Wolvesburg (disintigrate and the hammer can both hit 3 damage) having survivors with +1 damage isn't an issue, and it is so weak at blue that I don't even have an issue with them (they are good, but the +1 die characters are better at blue). Xuxa however is a different issue... She needs a bit of a nerf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Heck, Disintegrate can kill an Abom without a +1 damage skill, provided a little luck or +1 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
Heck, Disintegrate can kill an Abom without a +1 damage skill, provided a little luck or +1 dice.

Are you stacking "+1 Damage" if you roll multiple sixes? Or combining that with a "+1 Damage: Magic" character attribute?

I assumed the "Roll 6: +1 Damage" was for a single hit and was not stackable. Guess it comes down to the interpretation of the "House"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Clansman wrote:
Are you stacking "+1 Damage" if you roll multiple sixes? Or combining that with a "+1 Damage: Magic" character attribute?

I assumed the "Roll 6: +1 Damage" was for a single hit and was not stackable. Guess it comes down to the interpretation of the "House"!

This was a debate we had a while ago. A few interpretations are valid according to the rules as written, as is yours, but we got official responses from CMON and GG that the intended method is that the +1 damage affects the entire weapon, not just the hit, so it's +1 damage per 6 rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
My group fixes the issues with weapon damage by using health pools on abominations. Our own house rules are that all abominations take -1 damage from every hit, grant 1 XP every time they are hit (they no longer give 5 XP on death), and they spawn with health depending on the current danger level (put a die on the board next to them to signify their HP):
Blue: 5 HP
Yellow: 6 HP
Orange: 7 HP
Red: 8 HP
Ultra-red: 12 HP
We've found this makes the game much more enjoyable. Without the health pools, they become laughable in the later game when characters can one shot them and get 5 XP. For example:
With a 3 damage weapon you'll still need to assign 4 hits to them in a red danger level (thus granting 4 experience in total).
This also means that a character like Redcap Rodney starting the game with a hammer (total 3 damage) will still need to hit an abomination 3 times to kill it (3 minus 1 damage = 2 damage every hit on a 5 health abomination).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.