badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: And the Winner is....

Crystal Schrader
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Congrats Crystal. I will be gifting you 8 GG.

As I received 1 gg as a tip the winner of that is (and don't spend it all in one place!!!)...

Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks everyone for contributing. I enjoy hearing about everyones uniqueness. See you again in another 1,000 visitors!

Scott

Every 1,000 visitors to my page I offer a free micro badge to the BGG community. That time has come again.

All you need to do is THUMB this post and leave a comment telling me something interesting about yourself. Anything at all.

I will randomly pick a winner in a week or so.

In the past people have donated micro badges (GG) to the contest so if you feel so moved please contribute and I will distribute as much GG as is donated.

Cheers,

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up in Brazil, and have never lived in the same house for more than three years.

(Interesting enough? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm building an Iron Man suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Gilbert
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually tell people my hobby is modern boardgaming, but that seems like a given around here. How about... my wife and I love to travel, and have been to over 20 countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to vacation in Iceland one February because I hadn't gotten enough snow where I lived.

Thank you for the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I work at a university and I analyze meteorites. Today we are looking at a shergottite (basaltic meteorite from Mars)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to dress up as Captain Morgan for bar promotions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My normal body temperature is less than 98.6° F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 18 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum
badge
In Fancy Llama we Trust
mbmbmbmbmb
Annually, I run a couple 5k running races in a three piece pink tuxedo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to travel, but I've only lived in 1 state my whole life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
jwerk wrote:
I like to travel, but I've only lived in 1 state my whole life.

I'll see your one, and raise you one. I've only lived in one COUNTY my entire life (Henry County, Indiana).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my other hobbies is historical fencing in the French style. I am trained in rapier, rapier/dagger, rapier/buckler, rapier/cane, and smallsword. I am working on rapier/cloak and classical saber through one of our local fencing schools in Northern California. Not SCA. Actual classic fencing using the original treatises from L'Abbat, among other original masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonichi Sanvictores
Philippines
Marikina City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from the Philippines ... which doesn't seem to have much of a presence here, though we have active gaming groups and shops scattered all around the Greater Manila Area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Williamson
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm an avid breather, and I've been breathing all my life.wow

I also have a dog named Phineas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccthulu1 wrote:

Every 1,000 visitors to my page I offer a free micro badge to the BGG community. That time has come again.

All you need to do is THUMB this post and leave a comment telling me something interesting about yourself. Anything at all.

I will randomly pick a winner in a week or so.

In the past people have donated micro badges (GG) to the contest so if you feel so moved please contribute and I will distribute as much GG as is donated.

Cheers,

Scott

I laid all the hardwood floors in my house myself because I was tired of carpet and I am teaching myself bookbinding in my (non-existant) spare time. I also quilt.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I used to dress up as Captain Morgan for bar promotions.

I once met a guy who insisted he was descended from the original Captain Morgan. His name was Morgan. Ahmed Morgan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thief Hook Ups
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd never broken a bone in my body until I broke my back. Go big or go home. ..or do both, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done live play-by-play announcing for Roller Derby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Silver
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once had to dress up like Miley Cyrus (pre wrecking ball) and lip sync "Party in the USA" for an elementary staff vs students basketball game. "It'll be funny," they said. "The parents and students will love it," they said. The crowd's reaction was very similar to the crowd at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance after Marty McFly's guitar solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like to make dice domains for meeples to live in. An interesting fact has arisen.
This building fetish most often involves two games as it has revealed to me that dice and meeples do not share the same game box in large quantities ( mostly meeples or mostly dice) , how strange two icons of gaming do not hang out together so much.
I have taken up enough time thank you and good day.3 meeple4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
GitFeatures wrote:
I like to make dice domains for meeples to live in. An interesting fact has arisen.
This building fetish most often involves two games as it has revealed to me that dice and meeples do not share the same game box in large quantities ( mostly meeples or mostly dice) , how strange two icons of gaming do not hang out together so much.

I want to see pictures of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott gurman
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
GitFeatures wrote:

I want to see pictures of this!

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Schrader
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I tell people that my hobby is playing modern board games they never seem to understand. After showing them, they generally become one of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Gaia
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a medical doctor, specialized in infectious diseases, I did voluntary work in Nepal and Mozambique. Despite being born in Rio De Janeiro, I moved to São Paulo four years ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.