Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a notice from TMG to Kickstarter backers announcing a free joint stretch goal to obtain a Samurai dragon meeple. However, I couldn't make head nor tail of the page they directed me to. If someone would explain it to me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric - if you scroll down far enough under stretch goals, you'll see what is being referenced here - essentially if Meeplesource gets a total of 1000 backers this meeple will be thrown in for free with any pledge level that buys meeples.

In short, you still have to buy something to get it...and it looks like you have to pay at least $8 for the cheapest set of meeples (for Scythe) or else at least $10 for a set of 8 of 1 type of meeple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Game Devourer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool looking, but I'm not sure I understand the point. Would this just be a first player marker or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrocker wrote:
Very cool looking, but I'm not sure I understand the point. Would this just be a first player marker or something?

I think so...but I don't know so He certainly isn't present in the existing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
abrocker wrote:

I think so...but I don't know so He certainly isn't present in the existing game.

Or we could create a variant where Dargon acts somehow like Alvin & Dexter from TTR.

For example, if an assistant ends a turn in the same location as Dargon, then Dargon eats him... or whatever a dragon samurai would do to an assistant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I don't think he is intended to be added directly to the game in any specific way.

The kickstarter is just to sell custom meeples. There are some for specific games but most are just to give your meeples some personality. I think they're just trying to cross promote between the two companies and using the kickstarter update as targeted marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.