4 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Homebrew Rule: Forging weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Oliva
msg tools
Hey guys!

After playing Zombicide Black Plague, I felt there was something missing. Giving some thought on this feeling, I realized that the game doesn't have any rule regarding item creation, which is something quite commom for medieval fantasy, in my opinion.

So, I came up with this!

This rule is intended to make the game a little more strategic and interesting. As this process is not very fast, and demands some objects to be performed, I believe this rule applies for those who are playing like a campaign. I must say I HAVER NEVER TRIED THIS RULE MYSELF, because I don`t play much (though I love the game) – so these parameters are just suggestions, which means they can be changed. I am saying this because I don`t know if this is going to make the game more enjoyable then it already is, or if this rule is too difficult to be applied. I really expect people to try it out and share experiences, opinions, suggestions and adaptations.

I have used the Portuguese version of the game, so, sorry for any mislead translation and for any other mistakes you may come by.

Hope you guys like it!!

• In order to forge an item, the team must attend to these requirements: the group must have a hammer (not discarded in the process), water(not discarded in the process), one player in the group must have Iron Hide as a natural ability (comes in the character sheet) available to use (it must be unlocked) and one player in the group must have Spellcraft as a natural ability (comes in the character sheet) available to use (it must be unlocked) – if these two ability requirements are found in the same character, the group has attended this aspect; also the player forging the weapon must be in the same threshold that the item is allowed to be used. This means that if you want to create a Dragon ire Blade, you must be in the orange level to forge it: you can have all you need to create it before the orange level but, until you reach that threshold, the player forging the item can`t do so;

• Any player is allowed to craft weapons. Players with Spellcraft and/or Iron Hide Skill are able to forge as a Free Action; otherwise, it spends One action. All player involved in the process must be in the same area, as they could trade objects;

• Each item contains its own formula. However, if you have all the requirements to forge a weapon of higher level, you can do so. Example: forging a short sword costs two daggers, and forging a Sword costs one short sword plus one dagger. If you have three daggers, you can create a Sword – you don`t have create a short sword first, and then spend another action to forge a Sword;

• The forging formula is as follows:
Short Sword 2 daggers
Sword 1 Short Sword + 1 dagger
Long Sword 1 Sword + 1 axe
Padded armor 1 leather armor + 1 shield
Platemail 1 padded armor + 1 shield
Long Bow 1 short bow +1 hand crossbow
Repetition Crossbow 2 han crossbow
Crossbow 1 repetition crossbow + 1 hand crossbow
Bastard Sword 1 long Sword + short sword + 1 axe
Dragon Breath Sword 1 long sword +1 sword + dragon bile + fire*
Flaming Great Sword 1 bastard sword +long sword + dragon bile + fire*
Chaos Longbow 1 long bow + 1 axe +dragon bile + fire*
Vampire Crossbow 1 crossbow + 1 jerked meat + dragon bile
Shield of Ages 1 shield + 1 padded armor +apple +bile
Carnage Axe 2 axes + dragon bile + 1 jerked meat
Earthquake hammer 1 axe + 1 hammer + apple + dragon bile
*fire: this may be from any origin – a torch or a fireball. The card used as the fire requirement is not discarded as are the others;
• After the item is forged, the players involved in the process may trade/rearrange their inventory as a Free Action;

I am really looking forward to hearing from your experiences!

Have fun and play safe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds nice, i will try it in the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread really belongs in the Variants forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliva
msg tools
Thanks!!

I'll post there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.