Subject: Why don't other companies use this type of mounted board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently was looking over my SW Minis collection and I took out the mounted board from the ROTS deluxe starter. For those who have never seen it, it is the only SW Minis product to date that contained a mounted board (to my knowledge).

The catch is, I laid this sucker down and it's FLAT. Thick, sturdy, no warpage, just...perfect.

Question being, if mounted boards CAN be this good, why aren't ALL of them this good? Why don't other companies use the same type of board? If all boards were like this you'd never hear one ounce of complaining about warped boards.

Is it a cost thing? Because I'd pay a little extra to get a solid board like this in every game I buy. Board warping is annoying and problems with it seem to be on the rise...Marvel Heroes, Tannhauser, Herocard, Fury of Dracula, and more have suffered from mild to excessive warping, and Tide of Iron was delayed apparently due to board warping problems, so this is a real and valid question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't this board have the "American valley" though? I think flatness issues are more of a problem with the production of boards w/o these valleys (assuming there is no warping, because flatness and warping aren't necessarily opposites).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.