5 Posts

My Village» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monk card set up. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stonghold rules state:"Form a face-up stack for each symbol and shuffle each stack separately. Then place each of these stacks face down to the right of the meeting place cards"

Later the rules state: "To add a monk card to your church, choose the top card of any stack and activate its black banner as usual"

So, my question is: "should the top card of each stack be face up so that you can choose one to activate?" I couldn't find anything in the rule book.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's a mistake (see it says face up and face down?). The monk pile should be face-up so you can see the top card.

EDIT: Oh no, that's right. the black banner is on the back of the monk. Basically you don't know what monk you are getting when you take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply!

I now see my confusion. The side with the window is the "front" because that's how it ends up in your playspace. The banner side is the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have my copy of My Village right in front of me but I can not remember any cards other than the travel cards that do not have symbology on the back of the cards with the black banner to show which card you are getting. If you are not traveling you should know what you are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Cyn Tuck. For some reason I confused front from back. The black banners are the back and the face up side is the side showing when you place it in your tableau. I think I just viewed the windows as card backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.