Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dalivus Morgan
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I'm new to SOA but I love the other GF9 offerings of Firefly and Spartacus. I was going though the forums yesterday trying to answer the question of if it was possible to retreat from a Throwdown and, according to the rules, the answer is clearly no.

But if someone really did want to chicken out what would be an acceptable way to do it?

I had a thought and i wanted to run it by you guys and see what you thought. What if Retreat was allowed after the aggressor announced his intent for a throwdown and before Backup was called? The retreating party would have to have an Ride Order to get away but it wouldn't be fair unless he also suffered some penalty for his cowardice.

Option 1: The retreating party would not be able to retreat unless he had both an Order to get away AND an Order to surrender to the aggressor.

Option 2: The retreating party would have to surrender ALL remaining orders to the aggressor. (Or an amount of Cash/Guns/Contraband if they did not have any orders left.)

or Option 3: The retreating party would both surrender remaining Orders to the aggressor and return ALL his dudes to the clubhouse; like a Lockdown in the show when the club all holed up, families and all, at the clubhouse.

Personally I am fond of Option 3 since it offers the greatest penalty for backing down. What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about option 4 that is already in the game: you pay the opponent enough money (or other stuff) to convince them to not attack you. But once the show starts, it's too late. No houserules needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if a chicken-out-rule is really needed or beneficial for the game as there a lot of mechanics around a throwdown. For example getting heat for bringing guns, there is hassle card that gives you money for every injured dude, you would also make the Grim Bastards ability in pile-ups useless etc.

Personally I would not suggest to change this or house-rule this but of course - it's your game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dalivus Morgan
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JoystickZ wrote:
Not sure if a chicken-out-rule is really needed or beneficial for the game as there a lot of mechanics around a throwdown. For example getting heat for bringing guns, there is hassle card that gives you money for every injured dude, you would also make the Grim Bastards ability in pile-ups useless etc.

Personally I would not suggest to change this or house-rule this but of course - it's your game :-)

You know what? I think you've convinced me. Plus, as the previous poster noted, you could always bribe your way out of a throwdown.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.