Subject: Definition of 'unoccupied' and overpopulation clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. However, my group disagreed on a couple points and I would like to gain some clarification.

1. Does 'unoccupied' for the gnome mean void of other players? Or void of all objects? (players, treasure, gems, crystals, etc.)

2. Does 'prevent the suffering of overpopulation' (may not be the exact wording - I don't have the card in front of me) mean that the tribe can continue to add goblins with no scattering? Or are they still limited by the 4-goblin maximum, they simply don't scatter (suffer) when they otherwise would gain a goblin?

We interpreted this as overpopulation not triggering. If this is the case, are the goblins component limited? In our game, the goblin player had a tribe of 7 or 8 goblins, due to this scattering prevention, which led to a goblin deficiency for the other tribes.

(You may realize, based on this example, that our goblin player was not playing particularly well)

Thank you!

- Curtis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Void of everything. An empty Dark Tile.

2. No you need to stay at 4 or less. The card just prevents the scatting of a Tribe on the board. When you do Scatter no matter how many Tribes would have gone above 4 you scatter one tribe. If possible you need to Scatter one on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.