Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
So i have an opportunity to buy base game + Dark City + Guardians of the Galaxy for really cheap. Like almost only base game cheap. The only problem is the seller doesn't have original box of base Marvel Legendary. All this goodness will be send in a DAMAGED (not hardly though) box of Dark City. I'm really worried that it will be hard for my mental state to keep it this way if i'll actually like the game. So, anybody willing to sell their box for reasonable price or maybe you know someone who can help me with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly you're probably better off looking into an alternate storage solution like the Hobby Lobby Artist Box with an insert. The Legendary box is a pretty piss poor storage solution and you'll outgrow it with one more big box expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
Yeah, got same response on reddit. Damn. Thought that those boxes are better. If i'll love this one (and i probably will, huge Marvel fan) i guess i'll just order custom one from local enthusiasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
Honestly you're probably better off looking into an alternate storage solution like the Hobby Lobby Artist Box with an insert. The Legendary box is a pretty piss poor storage solution and you'll outgrow it with one more big box expansion.

I was JUST looking into the Hobby Lobby Artist Box....but I saw someone say that everything didn't fit inside of it, though.

I think the Base Set Box, along with one of the Big Box Expansions is a pretty good storage solution, especially if you use the custom dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonely_Zero wrote:
So i have an opportunity to buy base game + Dark City + Guardians of the Galaxy for really cheap. Like almost only base game cheap. The only problem is the seller doesn't have original box of base Marvel Legendary. All this goodness will be send in a DAMAGED (not hardly though) box of Dark City. I'm really worried that it will be hard for my mental state to keep it this way if i'll actually like the game. So, anybody willing to sell their box for reasonable price or maybe you know someone who can help me with that?

I'm happy to help. However, your avatar and profile give no clue as to which country you're in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
Oh. I'm from Russia. Never actually spent time to edit this profile, lol. Of course i'll cover the shipping if that's the case. How much you want to get for it? As i said though, i'm not going to buy it right away. Should seal the deal and play it couple times first. Or it will be a lot of wasted time and brain cells for nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
moosemcd wrote:

I was JUST looking into the Hobby Lobby Artist Box....but I saw someone say that everything didn't fit inside of it, though.

I think the Base Set Box, along with one of the Big Box Expansions is a pretty good storage solution, especially if you use the custom dividers.

Just saying the Hobby Lobby Artist Box with inserts is amazing!!!
But I am willing to part with the original box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really does... I just picked up Civil War today and finished off my collection (minus Villains and Fear Itself). I'll probably get that Hobby Lobby box soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still holding out for this mythical "storage solution" being worked by Upper Deck....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
Looks really nice. Those inserts came with a box or they are custom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like either Broken Token, or those other ones, I forget the brand. Little too expensive for my taste, after buying all these damn expansions and sleeving everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
Amen. Sleeving all this stuff with normal sleeves will cost as another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves are a MUST for this game. Played way too much to not be protected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Lonely_Zero wrote:

The Broken Token site gives you wood inserts and are nice but then I printed on card stock and laminated all of the other inserts by character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
nfrred63 wrote:
Lonely_Zero wrote:

The Broken Token site gives you wood inserts and are nice but then I printed on card stock and laminated all of the other inserts by character.

That's some nice work here, man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Besides, think of these as investment. If you love the game like I do, you want to make the cards last the longest as well as keeping everything with nice easy access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

i will say this, i just got secret wars v2 and i have yet to get civil war or captain america and i am out of room. i just picked up a SECOND hobby lobby box and i intend to keep all the hero cards in one and all the villians, henchmen, masterminds in the other. i just don't have a choice any more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.